These are chat archives for AvaloniaUI/Avalonia
Interesting project that just popped up on my reddit feed: http://www.ammyui.com/2017/01/04/ammy-modern-ui-language-for-xaml-platforms/
I think I heard about that guy from Nitra devs a year ago. The main issue with the project is that it is commercial.
NO_AMMY_UPDATEcompilation symbol is defined
scenegraphbranch that I spun out to #850 need to call some functions only available in Direct3D11.1 and I'm not sure if they're supported in the Windows 7 Platfrom Update.
scenegraphbranch does enough of that to be our fallback.
What else gets its own layer? Chrome’s heuristics here have evolved over time and continue to, but currently any of the following trigger layer creation:
- 3D or perspective transform CSS properties
- <video> elements using accelerated video decoding
- <canvas> elements with a 3D (WebGL) context or accelerated 2D context
- Composited plugins (i.e. Flash)
- Elements with CSS animation for their opacity or using an animated transform
- Elements with accelerated CSS filters
- Element has a descendant that has a compositing layer (in other words if the element has a child element that’s in its own layer)
- Element has a sibling with a lower z-index which has a compositing layer (in other words the it’s rendered on top of a composited layer)