These are chat archives for BSData/warhammer-age-of-sigmar

Jun 2018
OftKilted
@OftKilted
Jun 24 2018 03:18
@rweyrauch :+1: I’ll dig into Chaos and Death over the next day or so. @tekton looks to have done Destruction already...
Any thoughts on the ‘modifiable’ Pitched Battle type that I created?
tekton
@tekton
Jun 24 2018 05:40
I'm not sure there's times I actually make a list and then go, "oh wait, wrong points"- the UX of that seems a bit clunky without the funnel of "Faction, Points Level" at the start...but it's also something people could just get used to
OftKilted
@OftKilted
Jun 24 2018 11:15
@tekton My thought on creating it was more to the perspective of “create list once, use it in multiple times.” Something that a ‘slow grow league’ could use week to week perhaps? (More like what the Scrollbuilder website does which changes unit requirements and restrictions based on points selected for the game)
tekton
@tekton
Jun 24 2018 16:36
That makes sense; I was doing the more generalist-how-it’s-used-now and how it would transition thought
Why worry about the tiers of points at all? Why not just let people set the points?
OftKilted
@OftKilted
Jun 24 2018 16:40
Because the tiers actually determine the unit constraints
Minimum battleline, etc.
Earl Bishop
@DrTobogganMD
Jun 24 2018 19:26
I feel bad for AoS players that play stormcast.
At this point their own battletome is a yearly release, along with GHB
OftKilted
@OftKilted
Jun 24 2018 22:22

@Kohato While I do feel bad for them ... at least they get yearly updates to their faction that correct any printing errors in their Battletome...

Have you ever considered that technically speaking, the Stormcast Eternals are the single largest collection of failures in any force in the Mortal Realms? They weren’t rewarded for success, they were instead rewarded because they called out in their failure. Effectively being rewarded because they were religious warrior fanatics. He merely recognized their fanaticism and leveraged that to have one of the largest collection of religious warrior fanatics and religious military zealots in the Mortal Realms. #SigmarIsAnEvilOverlord

tekton
@tekton
Jun 24 2018 22:24
I’m that vein, #NagashDidNothingWrong
Earl Bishop
@DrTobogganMD
Jun 24 2018 22:24
Isn't sigmar forcibly taking them too?
Like, against their will?
or rather, who the fuck knows what their will is
because they're dead
and now they can never die - because sigmar keeps rezzing them
preventing peace for their souls
OftKilted
@OftKilted
Jun 24 2018 22:25
Yep ... Nagash was promised the souls of those who died ... that was part of the agreement of the gods.
And Sigmar specifically said "Yeah ... but I'm gonna steal from you over here ... and take the souls of my brainwashed fanatic soldiers. Though they might be souldiers ... cough
Sigmar broke his promise... It's quite understandable why Nagash is irritated. And then we have the fish elves, and the murder-death elves ... and probably the Sun-elves ... all stealing from Nagash... it's like 'Beat Up on the Skinny dead thing' day ...
"It probably doesn't hurt him much ... he's dead ... '
If he wasn't paranoid before, I'm quite sure he is by now.... He was rightfully paranoid. All of Order is definitely "Out to Get Him."
tekton
@tekton
Jun 24 2018 23:14
I really hope he teams up with the Orruks in some way, “look, we may not get along, but let’s work together to return some of those souls to their rightful resting place...and in return you get all the caves you want at the end of the battles”