These are chat archives for BSData/wh40k

Jun 2016
Salrantol
@Salrantol
Jun 15 2016 01:31
Are comments actually published to the reporter? If so, wow, I'm such a dick. But I totally didn't know that.
cartag
@cartag
Jun 15 2016 01:32
Think of Git comments on issues like a forum. Everybody can see everything unless it's set as private.
Salrantol
@Salrantol
Jun 15 2016 01:33
Alright. I will recognize that for the future.
Earl Bishop
@DrTobogganMD
Jun 15 2016 12:59
So, I think even after rolling in Terra, Raukaan, and Vanguard Assault into C:SM for 2.0 - I'll still come in under 2mb
cartag
@cartag
Jun 15 2016 13:16
Nice!
Earl Bishop
@DrTobogganMD
Jun 15 2016 13:24
Yea, should be good. Hope to be done this weekend or next depending on the time I can get to work on it. I have most of the profiles and rules added to Shared, so now just a bunch of entry links to do and clever conditional trees on hiding.
cartag
@cartag
Jun 15 2016 13:27
Don't forget about the Ancestor check we can do now. A much needed step after Direct Parent
Earl Bishop
@DrTobogganMD
Jun 15 2016 13:27
Oh yea
That one is being used rather nicely for my chapter tactics already and will be heavily used when I roll in the AoD detachments
Not Instance Of and Ancestor is so nice to have.
Being able to modify rule names is good too. Lets me mark down specific chapter tactics for units without making a whole new rule entry
Earl Bishop
@DrTobogganMD
Jun 15 2016 13:32
Kind of related but not needed yet - Are we able to send out a notice to bsdata users at all? Or like put a note on the appspot entry
Since I'm rolling in Vanguard, Terra, and Raukaan - I'm deleting the catalog files entirely. So it'd be nice to let people know they're a part of the main file now so we don't get questions on where those cats are.
Earl Bishop
@DrTobogganMD
Jun 15 2016 21:41
Damn, scares me every time a commit shuffles the entire cat file and I get 10k+ Additions/10k+ Deletions in one commit.
Like ... wtf did I break
Oh, @cartag - the Start Collecting CSM formation has been scanned:
chaos-formarion-Copy-2.jpg
Not the best formation in the world .... but not terrible I guess?
Amadeusz Sadowski
@amis92
Jun 15 2016 21:48
@Kohato it's quite possible that either: Java serialization differs from machine to machine and BS version to BS version, or that git couldn't have done it better. :< It happens. To be sure it's not the first one, you may save file immediately after opening and check if that didn't introduce (format) changes.
Earl Bishop
@DrTobogganMD
Jun 15 2016 22:19
yea, all same bs version, but different machines.
Still works, so no big - always a shock to see that many line changes when i changed 3 lines.
cartag
@cartag
Jun 15 2016 22:21
Not the worst, they could have given us Hatred (Chaos Space Marines) like one of the IA13 legacies of ruin does
Earl Bishop