These are chat archives for Cardiff-University-Code-Academy/LionelRourke

Apr 2015
Ben Blamey
@benblamey
Apr 24 2015 07:44
Morning @8bitJunk -- is everything good?
Pull request for CSV serialization comments
Ben Blamey
@benblamey
Apr 24 2015 10:54
@vyau987 @8bitJunk would you like a skype call for me to apologise and chat about issues from my refactoring? Thanks Ben
vyau987
@vyau987
Apr 24 2015 12:53
@StyleASD 9b53db6667c2f61ce73a52bb5e05d1df6a7c9c43

@benblamey Hi Ben, no it's fine. As you can see from the git commits we have added another branch from which we created the V2.5.0.0. release.

Since your code is currently in origin/master we are finding a way to reverse the commits back to a point where we recognize the code. (commit ceedf2f). Aled is doing this.

Ben Blamey
@benblamey
Apr 24 2015 12:56
I'm sorry. I was planning to talk through these changes as part of a learning exercise next week.
The JSON stuff was rubbish -- by all means get rid of that, but are we keepign the CSV refactoring?
vyau987
@vyau987
Apr 24 2015 12:58
It's ok. Will give you a shout for help with Git if we need it (Aled may have a fix - I'll give you a shout either way in a couple of minutes) :)
No. Sorry.
We are intending to keep it on a branch though :)
Ben Blamey
@benblamey
Apr 24 2015 12:59
OK sure, well if its causing confusion then reverse it. Perhaps we can talk through the changes next week?
I had assumed since it went through code review people were generally happy with it.
@StyleASD simply make Vanessa's branch the new master, and keep the refactoring code. No need to add any commits.
Ben Blamey
@benblamey
Apr 24 2015 13:07
Please understand that I'm trying to introduce some code and use of features which will be unfamiliar to you all. You arn't supposed to understand it straight away, its a learning exercise. I wonder whether spending some time reading the code as it stands would be a better approach than rewinding everything? Its supposed to be hard, that was the point. I had also added some additional comments on a separate branch.
vyau987
@vyau987
Apr 24 2015 13:11
dw we've sorted it now. Aled's merging your branches now into one (alternative) master branch.
;)
See this doc for what we are doing from the "old/new" origin master branch.
(for handover Friday)