These are chat archives for CodeHubOrg/discussions

17th
Nov 2016
Tim Handy
@TimHandy
Nov 17 2016 08:31
@rinse0ut just to be clear here... I'm changing all instances of 'organisation' to 'item' right? ? So things like method names change from 'addOrganisation', to 'addItem' ? I'll need to make sure case stays consistent, e.g. 'SEARCH_ORGANISATION' becomes 'SEARCH_ITEM'. Filenames like 'OrganisationList.js' will become 'ItemList.js'. Anything else I need to be aware of? Assume I'm a complete noob! I'll have a stab at running the tests before and after to compare; I see there's an npm script set for that.
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Nov 17 2016 08:33
Yes thats correct. You can hot reload the tests using npm run test:watch
You could do a global replace using your text editor, however I would recommend that if you do that to it per folder, perhaps cycle through the replacements to check that nothing funky happens eg to do with case or plurals.
I did this on my scrabble project when I renamed response to question. As I had it unit tested it was actually pretty quick to do.
Tim Handy
@TimHandy
Nov 17 2016 08:37
ok, sure, will do. Thanks.
Tim Handy
@TimHandy
Nov 17 2016 09:09
ta-da! PR made. It appears that I have permissions on the repo to merge the PR... but I know enough not to press that button ;-) ... I'll leave that to you @rinse0ut
... also, something about the Travis CI not completing. I've not used CI before so don't know about what's required there.
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Nov 17 2016 09:14
Awesome nice one! I’ll take a look once I’ve finished what I doing.
Doesn’t look like the travis build has started yet btw
@katjad Good Morning!
Tim Handy
@TimHandy
Nov 17 2016 09:16
morning!
katja's not listening :-)
Tim Handy
@TimHandy
Nov 17 2016 09:22
Ahh, i see... Travis has run and passed now.
guess the repo needs renaming also?
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Nov 17 2016 09:26
:sunglasses: :+1: :beers:
yes
Tim Handy
@TimHandy
Nov 17 2016 09:44
hmm... not sure of the effects of changing the repo name for travis or other 3rd party apps it might use, or other people's 'upstream' links etc? Maybe I'll leave that til next JS101 meetup.
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Nov 17 2016 09:45
Yeah I was thinking that too. I think you can change it on github and it won’t effect the link. Why not test it out on a personal repo and see what happens?
One thing I’ve spotted as I eat my breaky is the README needs to be amended from ‘Items Database Project’ to JS101/JS Resources project or such like
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Nov 17 2016 09:51
…along with some information explaining clearly that it was formly called the org db project
Katja Durrani
@katjad
Nov 17 2016 09:57
hahaha for some reason when I checked before my gitter app for stuck and only showed me a blank space, perhaps just lack of internets - I always listen to :)
got stuck
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Nov 17 2016 10:00
@katjad Nice work on the Org DB wiki btw :+1:
Katja Durrani
@katjad
Nov 17 2016 10:00
and 'I always listen to you' that was meant to say. Anyway I also read some of your conversation yesterday. It's great you are working on the app! I am going to have a look at it this afternoon, too
@rinse0ut Thanks, I can't quite remember what I did on it anymore ;)
I need to go now but I'll be in touch later! Thanks for all the good work, also, totally agree with renaming things, including the repo name
Katja Durrani
@katjad
Nov 17 2016 23:07
@rinse0ut Btw we found your notebook after you'd left, will bring it next time. Sorry for not telling you earlier!
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Nov 17 2016 23:09
No worries. Thanks! Forget my head if it wasn’t screwed on! :smile:
Katja Durrani
@katjad
Nov 17 2016 23:10
:smile: Sounds familiar
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Nov 17 2016 23:11
Nice tiles btw! :sunglasses: