These are chat archives for CodeHubOrg/discussions

22nd
Feb 2017
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Feb 22 2017 03:55
I would recommend having a look at Ramda if your are interested in FP. Check out
The FP page in the handbook for links
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Feb 22 2017 06:40
@TimHandy @katjad I suggest that we start using the knowledge base and link to it from the hand book. For example Tim's recent Function page.
Re: the group app. It's a shame that after a year we haven't released anything. Perhaps as part of the planning you could include some release date targets. Maybe start with a very simple version / feature and progressively enhance it
Tim Handy
@TimHandy
Feb 22 2017 07:41
I think it's probably because it's pretty daunting and beyond what most of us have worked on before, with technologies we've never used. I know when I looked at it I was like "err, what's going on here?!" The initial learning curve barrier to entry looked to be very high.
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Feb 22 2017 07:53
It's all about diving into the deep end! But I see your point. How about something like the TIL feature. Google docs as the db and a table with a sort and a filter?
Tim Handy
@TimHandy
Feb 22 2017 07:54
yeah, sounds doable. Maybe we could attempt this on Thurs Katja?
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Feb 22 2017 08:01
How about a vanilla is and react branch?
*js
I'm happy to help write a spec that you can break down into tasks
Tim Handy
@TimHandy
Feb 22 2017 08:03
cool. Yeah, that'd be great. I don't even know what a spec would/should look like.
have you enabled the API on the sheet? https://developers.google.com/sheets/api/quickstart/js
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Feb 22 2017 08:07
No that could be your first task!
We also need a repo for teh codez, spec and tasks etc
Err unless you don't have access...
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Feb 22 2017 08:12
I suggest you start from scratch with the Google form and spreadsheet.as I don't have time to get my hands dirty.
Tim Handy
@TimHandy
Feb 22 2017 08:24
Was the google account not your own account then? I assumed perhaps wrongly that it was your account and therefore I wouldn't have access.
I'll talk to Katja and we'll get a repo for this mini-project.
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Feb 22 2017 09:00
We could structure the tasks so that they start simple and get progressively more involved. New members could then either work from the start or jump on the current progress.
password: javascript101
Tim Handy
@TimHandy
Feb 22 2017 09:37
so this is a brand new account? isn't there an existing js101 git account? do we need a new one? There are so many different accounts and pages and issues and whatever... I get lost. Is that douglas crockford?
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Feb 22 2017 10:06
I think you should probably use the codehuborg one but I set this one up last year and could be useful
eg for hosting
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Feb 22 2017 10:11
on github pages
Tim Handy
@TimHandy
Feb 22 2017 10:23
OK