These are chat archives for CodeHubOrg/discussions

23rd
Feb 2017
Katja Durrani
@katjad
Feb 23 2017 13:03
@rinse0ut Thanks so much for the suggestion! Had a really good coding session via Gomix and we got something working - @TimHandy sent you the link. We didn't get round to sort and filter yet, but we are outputting a Table component with the data :)
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Feb 23 2017 13:10
@katjad @TimHandy Big fan of your work! Nicely done! :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:
Katja Durrani
@katjad
Feb 23 2017 13:12
:)
Tim Handy
@TimHandy
Feb 23 2017 13:50
@rinse0ut Look forward to your criticisms :-) always like to learn where I'm doing it all wrong.
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Feb 23 2017 13:51
Looks good. There is a mix of es5 and es6 anon functions
could get rid of the self = this
Slap bootstrap on there for styles
Will have another look when I can.
Error handling would be good too.
Tim Handy
@TimHandy
Feb 23 2017 14:19
@rinse0ut I'm guessing the anon func is componentDidMount? think we tried to do it es6 style to remove the self, but it didn't work. Will have to have another go at that. Error handling... do you mean for the fetch if it can't fetch? what would we do there? I've not done error handling really, seen the if (err) raise error and the like but not really understood what the error does, where it is sent etc... think it's also to prevent the server crashing? again, guess its another thing I need to learn.
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Feb 23 2017 14:21
Could be tricky, but have a quick go.
Katja Durrani
@katjad
Feb 23 2017 22:50
We felt bad using the self = this, but it got us over a momentary hurdle ;) Sure good to switch to ES6 functions for everything.
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Feb 23 2017 23:15
Yes, if you get stuck on something do a fix and move on and come back to it later.
or just move on.
and come back when you have figured it out.