These are chat archives for CodeHubOrg/discussions

20th
Mar 2017
Katja Durrani
@katjad
Mar 20 2017 14:00 UTC
Went on a crazy coding tour der force yesterday, on our React app. First I (re-)wrote a test . A test! Then I got data into a form and updated it via setState - think that's called a controlled component. I used the components local state, I think we had discussed that once, whether one could do that in a Redux app. I think in this case, it is actually perfectly fine and perhaps even the best solution, but would be great to hear opinions tomorrow. Then I wrote a higher order function because I found it the best solution, and finally I wrestled with the persistence API. That was the most hit and miss but I got it working in the end (saving edited resources info). And it was all on one file :) - I could talk a bit about it tomorrow? Any other presentations planned? - But should make sure we start coding at fixed time! @Gicela @wingedeel and I are going to work on the app.
Tim Handy
@TimHandy
Mar 20 2017 14:39 UTC
@katjad wow. that's a lot of stuff. see you tomorrow.
wingedeel
@wingedeel
Mar 20 2017 14:40 UTC
Amazing work Katja!
@TimHandy , going to try and work on a project with a friend tonight, online. I've got it on github. How do I get it into goMix/glitch?
Tim Handy
@TimHandy
Mar 20 2017 16:17 UTC
click on 'advanced'
Katja Durrani
@katjad
Mar 20 2017 17:56 UTC
@TimHandy I don't know if it is even that much, think I was just excited that I managed to work on it for a longer stretch of time again, and came across different concepts that we had talked about or practised :)
Katja Durrani
@katjad
Mar 20 2017 19:52 UTC
SmashingMag is ditching WordPress for JS solution, interesting - Smashing was one of the first web design /dev magazines I ever followed (also one of the first that existed ;))
I once tried netlify actually but was quite buggy
Katja Durrani
@katjad
Mar 20 2017 19:57 UTC
but think this is a different one from the one I tried, this new one is open source and git based
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Mar 20 2017 20:04 UTC
I've been looking at keystone js. Found this really good example of a meet up site...
Members / mentors section is a great idea
Katja Durrani
@katjad
Mar 20 2017 20:23 UTC
looks great but at moment not working properly on my phone