These are chat archives for CodeHubOrg/discussions

3rd
Apr 2017
Preact is a light weight framework with a react API. Ideal for progressive web apps.
wingedeel
@wingedeel
Apr 03 2017 10:07 UTC
@rinse0ut React Bits https://github.com/vasanthk/react-bits/blob/master/README.md is very useful. Cheers.
Katja Durrani
@katjad
Apr 03 2017 17:02 UTC
@wingedeel re naming, had been wondering about that as well. Yes, Pascal case seems the way to go - just looking at the AirBnB guide, looks really useful.
sorry for not putting anything up on discussions board yet - will do today :) Also, what talks should we have, think there were a few options. We could say we talk 15 min about the app (incl Redux) and 15 min about CMSs (incl Wordpress?) It could be more than one speaker. What do you think?. - Any volunteersm let us know and I or @Gicela can put it up on Meetup page. I can talk a little about refactoring my component from last time.. (getting the item data from the redux store, not that persistent data storage; also I separated out a select form element as a 'stateless functional component' ;) - still need to push to github!)
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Apr 03 2017 17:10 UTC
Sorry Im proba make it tomorrow.
Katja Durrani
@katjad
Apr 03 2017 17:27 UTC
Shame. Will keep you updated!
wingedeel
@wingedeel
Apr 03 2017 18:02 UTC
@katjad I can do a talk tomorrow about the types of React component. I can also spend a few minutes talking about where we are with the organisations-database project (maybe we should rename this).
@katjad your refactoring sounds great :) Hope you can push to github for tomorrow.
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Apr 03 2017 18:08 UTC
@/all If anyone wants to work on the JS101 website tomorrow please have a look at the issue list. Hopefully @TimHandy will be kind enough to provide an update and answer any questions. It would be great to get the rest of the static pages added so that we can move onto adding React to the project and doing some Javascripting!
Tim Handy
@TimHandy
Apr 03 2017 18:51 UTC
an update? oh, better have a read of it then... it never emails me if there's an update.
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Apr 03 2017 18:52 UTC
Just mean’t what we’ve changes we made. Think you have to add yourself as a watcher.
Tim Handy
@TimHandy
Apr 03 2017 18:54 UTC
Oh roight. I actually just came on here to say I won't be able to make it tomorrow, got an interview (not a good one I don't think)... might be able to be be available on here though.
My updates are that there's a 'random' function available, and the burger nav is in place, but needs to be added as per the index page.
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Apr 03 2017 18:55 UTC
Ok no worries, best of luck. Do you want me to send you any messages whilst you are in the interview?
Tim Handy
@TimHandy
Apr 03 2017 18:55 UTC
haha, you can do...
wingedeel
@wingedeel
Apr 03 2017 18:56 UTC
Ooh, good luck Tim!
Tim Handy
@TimHandy
Apr 03 2017 18:56 UTC
not taking my laptop this time :-)
I'm pretty sure it's what I want... just going for some interview expereince.
but thanks :-)
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Apr 03 2017 18:59 UTC
Re: the javascript101 site. I’ve added a load of features to the home page and a load of issues. Mainly for the remaining pages that we need content for. Hopefully we can finish the static phase asap and move onto the fun JS stuff.
Katja Durrani
@katjad
Apr 03 2017 19:31 UTC
@wingedeel Great you can do a talk, sounds good! @TimHandy Good luck with the interview tomorrow! @rinse0ut You are so right, and I feel guilty I have not done very much recently (but then the app will also be part of it ;) ). I think of it every day, and I will work on it.
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Apr 03 2017 22:18 UTC
Good news guess whats the most popular programming language in the stack overflow survey 2017?
Katja Durrani
@katjad
Apr 03 2017 22:35 UTC
surprise surprise :smile: Not the most loved though ;)
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
Apr 03 2017 23:15 UTC
What was the most loved framework?
React!