These are chat archives for CodeHubOrg/discussions

18th
Apr 2017
Katja Durrani
@katjad
Apr 18 2017 19:57
@/all Hi, hope everyone has had a good Easter! I've had a break from coding for those days (after kind of marathon session on the app before). Very keen to continue now, though next few days tricky. - I'd like to ask your opinion on something. Ajara, who's recently become a Scrum master, offered to help us with creating a back log and a planning meeting for a two week sprint to work on our app. She'll be away from 8 May to 9 June though. 25th April, our next meeting would be okay for her, otherwise would have to be after. It seems there are two distinct things (backlog and planning) which would each take about 2 hrs. We could do one in the morning on 25/4 and other at hack night same day, or condense it to do both in the morning. (We could also just start in the morning, and then see if an additional evening thing makes sense) - It would be something outside our usual JS101 routine of course, and it is the question whether everybody is interested. We could perhaps also make it for all of the JS101 site though I am not sure that would be too much. - In any case, could see it as an opportunity to see how Scrum works, for those who might not want to directly get involved in working on the app - What do you think? What do you think of the approach at all? I think we could do with some proper planning!
Katja Durrani
@katjad
Apr 18 2017 20:05
@rinse0ut @leighman @wingedeel On the app, connected Item add and edit with Redux properly now, maybe at some point can look at how I did that and if makes sense - in some parts a bit clunky, with setTimeout, then redirecting, wonder if I am using a paradigm that I am used to and whether could use something better instead. perhaps a case for a later refactor. I am also at a point where I'd really like to write some tests (never thought I'd say that ;)) @rinse0ut Thanks for merging changes @wingedeel !
Jack Leigh
@leighman
Apr 18 2017 20:17
@katjad didn't look that closely but looks like the stuff in the setTimeout just also needs to be actions
Katja Durrani
@katjad
Apr 18 2017 22:12
@leighman Thanks. One of the setTimeout is dispatching an action, the other just setting local state. It just felt a bit like sticking lego bricks together in a way they were not meant to go :) But will hopefully get better feel for it, achieved what I wanted for now.. anyway thanks for checking!