These are chat archives for CodeHubOrg/discussions

11th
May 2017
Katja Durrani
@katjad
May 11 2017 08:02
@gicela Thank you :) (and sorry for replying only now!)
Katja Durrani
@katjad
May 11 2017 08:25
@/all I got a message from Ben who used to come to this group, about a job at a startup where he knows the director from previously applying there. They are looking for a junior developer. It is this company https://www.travellocal.com/ and there is an advert for the job here https://techspark.co/job/travellocal-bristol-46-software-developer/ (they are looking for junior though it doesn't say in the advert) - It might be good to have a jobs board somewhere? I'll just leave it here for now, but could be part of our site?
wingedeel
@wingedeel
May 11 2017 08:30
Thanks Katja. You're right, doesn't look much like a junior developer role! I rarely see junior developer roles. Beginning to wonder if they actually exist...
wingedeel
@wingedeel
May 11 2017 08:37
@katjad Techspark jobs site looks useful. Lots of jobs on there that I haven't seen advertised elsewhere.
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
May 11 2017 09:00

@all Shall we use the wiki to collaborate on ideas and resources?

I’ve added a design section so that we can pool inspirational rwd examples.

trianah
@trianah
May 11 2017 09:44
@rinse0ut the wiki looks good I can add an idea for the Careers page. It's from the University of Bristol's Computer Science Society http://cssbristol.co.uk/jobs/
wingedeel
@wingedeel
May 11 2017 10:09
@trianah That jobs link looks interesting, thanks. @rinse0ut Nice to see Habu (where I worked recently for a couple of months) makes your RWD list :)
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
May 11 2017 10:18
@wingedeel I know Rob from Uni and heard they were taking you on (didn’t know it was you though!)
I’ve added a features section to the wiki as well...
wingedeel
@wingedeel
May 11 2017 10:21
@rinse0ut Small world! They were a lovely team to work with.
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
May 11 2017 10:21
Must have been like working in the Amazon rainforest! ;)
I met the lead dev at Bristol JS, he was really sound and knew his FP!
wingedeel
@wingedeel
May 11 2017 10:22
Mark or Sam? They are VERY keen on the FP stuff.
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
May 11 2017 10:23
Both actually. Met Sam at PHPSW and didn’t realise who he was working for.
Gicela
@Gicela
May 11 2017 10:50
Re jobs page - like the idea. I haven't discussed this with Katja but I'd like to approach Teckspark and others to advertise relevant jobs. Hopefully we can raise some cash to pay for our meeting venue! We first need to launch the site though - I'm on the case ;-)
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
May 11 2017 11:03
@Gicela Great idea!
Gicela
@Gicela
@katjad The venue for the JS One Day Workshop is looking promising. We'd better start getting some speakers lined up.
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
@Gicela Whats the JS One Day workshop all about?
apart from JS!
Gicela
@Gicela
May 11 2017 11:15
@all @rinse0ut We organised a One day JS workshop on two occasions (2014 and 2015).http://codehuborg.github.io/javascript/node/ionic/es6/testing/littlebits/2015/12/13/javascript-workshop-2015.html We would like to run the event again this year on 23rd of September. If you are interested in getting involved in the organisation of the event let me and @katjad know. Right now, I'm just trying to secure a sponsor for the venue.
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
May 11 2017 11:25
@Gicela Looks like a great event! Will have to chat about what I could do to help.
Katja Durrani
@katjad
May 11 2017 13:04
@rinse0ut @Gicela at work at the moment but have been kind of following along the conversation ;) yes, JS Workshops have been quite good. The very first one, in 2013 was actually run by BristolJS (Andrew McGregor then, not so much Adam, but he was one of the speakers), but they then actually encouraged us to do the next. We didn't get one together in time last year, but would be nice to do it again this year. Once it's official the pressure is there to organise it, so will be good to book venue. @rinse0ut around be great to have you on board. And anybody else interested, of course.
Would be great that was meant to say of course
wingedeel
@wingedeel
May 11 2017 13:12
I would like to help out if I can. Should discuss what help is needed at next js101
Katja Durrani
@katjad
May 11 2017 13:21
@wingedeel that's great, yes let's talk about it at js101
Andrew D
@AndrewDRankin_twitter
May 11 2017 15:17
Hi everyone, great to meet you all on Tuesday. I'll have a look at the survey now
Gicela
@Gicela
May 11 2017 16:05
@all Yes, let's put it in the agenda for next meetup. We need an agenda app that we can also add to the website!
@AndrewDRankin_twitter Good to meet you too. Hope you found it useful.
jnoya
@jnoya
May 11 2017 16:56
@katjad thanks for the job suggestion, it looks great but unfortunately i don't have the skills yet to be at the level of a junior software dev. Atm looking for marketing/project management related jobs in the tech sector. Good idea though about the job board!
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
May 11 2017 21:43
@all Does anyone know where the kanban style board for JS101 is on github. I’m looking for a future presentation list. Thanks.
Katja Durrani
@katjad
May 11 2017 22:01
@rinse0ut It's here https://github.com/orgs/CodeHubOrg/projects/4, but there's not that much on there. We should use it more.