These are chat archives for CodeHubOrg/discussions

13th
May 2017
Katja Durrani
@katjad
May 13 2017 15:46
@rinse0ut Telling silence ;) - @rinse0ut @gicela I have created a new (temporary) branch kd-edits - please can you fetch and checkout and have a look. Not good for pull request, just some ideas. On homepage, I moved logos back up again, but as background. Does not look that great at moment, but perhaps could move them to the sides. Do some animation on them? I find it a bit tricky having logos for "technologies we use" section, as will always be difficult to define, and I am not sure there is that much value to it, will keep changing depending on who's there.- Other thing I did was creating a new template where I pulled two different docs pages in, plus I also added my visual roadmap, so basically rolled previous three pages into one. I started adding subnav (button style at moment). I wanted to add smooth scrolling, but when I did, subnav did not work anymore :/ have to figure that out. Have to go now, will update issues on the repo later!
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
May 13 2017 17:06
@katjad Great to see some ideas. I’m not sure about the bg logos. Maybe a full bg image would be better?
I think splitting up the logos into sections was a good idea, however there are only two meet up group logos.
I started making a glossary in the wiki that we can use on the site:
The idea is to be able to filter and search the list with an awesome mobile layout.
I think one big obsticle to becoming a developer is the terminology. This section aims to get users aware of the important terms, tech and people etc so that they can talk the talk.
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
May 13 2017 17:30
@katjad @Gicela I think less is more for the initial live release. If we keep things as simple as possible it reduces the amount of work. Then we can progressively enhance it on subsequent releases.
Dave Thomson
@rinse0ut
May 13 2017 20:01
@Gicela Thanks for your DOM talk. I just used the console in the same way to debug changing the background image. Great way to quickly debug. :sunglasses: :+1:
Katja Durrani
@katjad
May 13 2017 23:00
@rinse0ut yeah bg Logos prob don't work though I liked it initially. Will teeth to do a bit more tomorrow. For now probably most important to condense the text