These are chat archives for CodeHubOrg/discussions

25th
Aug 2017
Katja Durrani
@katjad
Aug 25 2017 12:43 UTC
Hello @/all JS101 present and past. Can I please ask for your help?? I've been desparately trying to find more speakers for our 23 September JS workshop, and we really need to put it out there now. @gicela is going on holiday tomorrow, and also it's only 4 weeks to the event! - So we have three workshops, one Intro to Angular, one on Ionic (framework to build phone apps), and one on WebVR. It would be good to have at least one more talk or workshop on there when we announce it. So is anyone on here prepared to do a talk OR could we do something as a group? - I'd really up for preparing something if I have some guidance from somebody more advanced than me. - I've recently been distracted by a lot of things, also been on holiday, then had friends here, but I can carve out quite a bit of time the next week. It's just the question what I could work on, also I'd not like to be the speaker, or at least not the only one.
wingedeel
@wingedeel
Aug 25 2017 14:46 UTC
Hi @katjad the workshop has come around fast. It would be great to have something React-related, and also a workshop. I wonder what we could do as a group...
Katja Durrani
@katjad
Aug 25 2017 16:28 UTC
@wingedeel Yes, I think that would be good. Who is going to BristolJS on Tuesday? We could talk there, I will also ask people for advice there.
wingedeel
@wingedeel
Aug 25 2017 17:35 UTC
Good idea about Bristol JS. The guy who did the last React talk therr seemed quite keen on doing talks. Maybe he can be invited to talk?
Katja Durrani
@katjad
Aug 25 2017 17:39 UTC
Yes that sounds good. For now I'm going to put React workshop by JS101 team on Meetup page, as a placeholder
Katja Durrani
@katjad
Aug 25 2017 19:43 UTC
Event scheduled but not announced to all members yet. Suggestions for improvement welcome. https://www.meetup.com/CodeHub-Bristol/events/242827981/ I am really looking forward to Liv's WebVR!