These are chat archives for Colt/WDB-CodeTalk

22nd
May 2017
bildr68
@bildr68
May 22 2017 04:00
Hi friendly boot campers, I'm working in the mongoDB section, and as I'm using it, I keep running into some kind of "unclean shutdown detected" message, which prevents me from restarting using ./mongod. Any ideas what I could try, short of reinstalling, etc. How can I prevent this? Do I have to shut down the DB every time put my laptop in sleep mode? Thanks for any help!
mina2292
@mina2292
May 22 2017 04:15
@bildr68 Maybe, you should do ctrl+c every time you want to quit running mongoDB. If you don’t, the mongoDB will be shut down I think. So, how about to use Ctrl + c ? or sometimes just ./mongod —repair will repair your DB as same as you used.
Johnny Hu
@heyitsjhu
May 22 2017 04:30
FWIW, also try using mongod --smallfiles to get mongod up and running after shutting it down.
bildr68
@bildr68
May 22 2017 05:42
Thanks for the responses. "mongod --smallfiles" got me going again!
Agnivo Paul
@paul_agnivo_twitter
May 22 2017 08:09
Hi Guys, I am a new nut in the jar. Just joined
Sarah Davies
@Smiles_davies_twitter
May 22 2017 10:03
Hi all, wonder if you can help... I'm working on the Purrfect Match code along and I'm running into a couple of glitches. First is that putting 'font-family: Lato;' in the body style is the css has no effect at all? So I've tried styling the individual elements (h1, h3 and the button) but I can't seem to hit the button text with any styling. Also, I'm getting these weird 'ghost' icons in the navbar - seem to be ghosts of the 'fa fa-user-plus' and 'fa fa-user' icons? Any insights?
Hi @paul_agnivo_twitter - that's a nice way of putting it!
Marianissimus
@Marianissimus
May 22 2017 11:03
@Smiles_davies_twitter hi. for a non-standard font such as Lato to display, you need to include it into your html. A 2-step process: 1. Add it via Google fonts - <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Lato" rel="stylesheet"> add this in your html file. 2. Add it in your CSS, which it seems you already did
Sarah Davies
@Smiles_davies_twitter
May 22 2017 11:05
Thanks for the help @Marianissimus , I appreciate it
João
@jpclima96_twitter
May 22 2017 13:19
I bought my course today. I'm from Brazil and i'm so excited to learn!
Sean Flanagan
@SeanFl42
May 22 2017 13:20
Hi Joao. I've enjoyed the course. I'm sure you will too. Good luck and happy coding?
João
@jpclima96_twitter
May 22 2017 13:22
Thanks Sean, happy coding for you too! haha
Sean Flanagan
@SeanFl42
May 22 2017 13:31
Thanks Joao! :)
Agnivo Paul
@paul_agnivo_twitter
May 22 2017 19:18
@Smiles_davies_twitter Unless you using these generic font-families "times", "courier", "arial",etc and
"serif", "sans-serif", "cursive", "fantasy", "monospace" .For example {font-family: "Times New Roman", Georgia, Serif;}
Remember to include the font link. You can use @import in stylesheet or <link href=...> in html(preferred) for this purpose.
Mario F. Rodríguez R
@superchivo1973_twitter
May 22 2017 22:12
Hello everyone, this is Mario from Quetzaltenango, Guatemala. Just bought the course, glad to join you all.
Henry
@henryapril16
May 22 2017 22:26
Did anyone who finish the course take a lot of good notes throughout the course that they could share?