These are chat archives for CoraleStudios/Colore

Oct 2015
Adrian
@WolfspiritM
Oct 29 2015 00:16
Okay. I tried one last thing...making my color changes in a simple winforms app. I have the same problem there including a repro. That seems to be an issue somewhere deeper. Not sure if in Corale or even deeper in the SDK. Here is my repo: http://pastebin.com/X935yS6E
The funny thing is if you remove or add one Key somewhere...it works again
but as it is there...it only displays parts
Adrian
@WolfspiritM
Oct 29 2015 00:56
Okay I fixed it with a change in Colore. I just changed the foreach...SetKey(key, color); in the SetKeys method to foreach..._grid[key] = color; and at the end I'm calling SetGuid(NativeWrapper.CreateKeyboardEffect(_grid)); in the SetKeys method. Prevents creating Effects for every Keychange. Seems like the SDK has troubles creathing effects for every key in some cases.
Bart van Vliet
@Kapulara
Oct 29 2015 10:33
Nico
@njbmartin
Oct 29 2015 19:53
@Kapulara Can you explain what it is?
Dariusz Niemczyk
@Palid
Oct 29 2015 21:37
@Sharparam please opensource your whackamole, same goes for @brandonscott's snake. It would really help everyone using your library, as you lack docs. ;)
Brandon Scott
@brandonscott
Oct 29 2015 21:46
The docs really aren't lacking
They're very good compared to the average
Adam Hellberg
@Sharparam
Oct 29 2015 21:47
every single entity in Colore is documented, i fail to see how that constitutes "lacking docs"
Brandon Scott
@brandonscott
Oct 29 2015 21:47
I'm reluctant to open source the apps as it opens it up for easy abuse if people want to maliciously attack users.
I know there are some caveats to the above that @Sharparam would say to me.
On my return from holiday I'll write example apps
Adam Hellberg
@Sharparam
Oct 29 2015 21:48
it's .net, anyone who wants to "attack users" (whatever that's supposed to mean with locally running apps that do not have interaction capabilities) can use any run-of-the-mill .NET decompiler to obtain the source almost as it was written from actual source
Brandon Scott
@brandonscott
Oct 29 2015 21:50
Not up for public discussion Adam.
Nico
@njbmartin
Oct 29 2015 23:30
I agree that sample apps would be useful, but not necessarily the apps Brandon and Adam have worked on