These are chat archives for DigitalGlobe/tools

Sep 2016
Mitul Patel
@mv003348
Sep 12 2016 14:09
@WesHildebrandt @surge-cmcgeorge - Outside of the both of you, has anyone else started downloading the SA code from the S3 bucket?
Christopher McGeorge
@surge-cmcgeorge
Sep 12 2016 14:11
@mv003348: Hi, Mitul. I think that only Wes and I are downloading the code. It is taking a long time. I left the download running all weekend, and it is just over halfway done. (And I have good Internet speed.) Did you happen to notice S3 being slow?
Mitul Patel
@mv003348
Sep 12 2016 14:13
No, it's just 80GBs of files...I sent Wes commit histories on the files and I believe he wants the soft links, but I need to figure out how to get that information.
I use S3 brower to download/upload files, it seems to work faster...
Christopher McGeorge
@surge-cmcgeorge
Sep 12 2016 14:18
Yes, that is what I am using. May I ask how long it took to upload?
Mitul Patel
@mv003348
Sep 12 2016 14:19
about 12 hours...straight
I did the upload via command line connected directly to my router
Christopher McGeorge
@surge-cmcgeorge
Sep 12 2016 14:19
And you have good Internet speed?
Mitul Patel
@mv003348
Sep 12 2016 14:26
Verizon FIOS...25/25...but at home, I was probably getting around 2.5mb/sec speed
@surge-cmcgeorge - the download of the size is there are DUPLICATES everywhere. It sucks, but I don't know enough about the code to tell you what you need exactly...still searching on who does.
Christopher McGeorge
@surge-cmcgeorge
Sep 12 2016 14:30
@mv003348: Thanks!
Wes Hildebrandt
@WesHildebrandt
Sep 12 2016 14:31
@mv003348 @surge-cmcgeorge - I'm not planning to download the full code base myself; there is a lot of duplication, so I want to filter it down to just the recent versions of code that we need .. the commit history is taking a while to go through since I have to match up the chains of commits by hand and compare dates and authors to guess which versions are the best, but I should be able to finish it today or tomorrow .. at that point I'll be able to point you at the right pieces of the code base to download and use
Christopher McGeorge
@surge-cmcgeorge
Sep 12 2016 14:32
@WesHildebrandt: Thank you. I did not think that the download would take so long!
Wes Hildebrandt
@WesHildebrandt
Sep 12 2016 14:33
you may want to try the free CloudBerry S3 explorer to download it
Mitul Patel
@mv003348
Sep 12 2016 14:34
Once you provide that list of folder/files, if @surge-cmcgeorge has already downloaded those pieces, he can also upload them into the SA repo or is that something you guys want me to do?
Christopher McGeorge
@surge-cmcgeorge
Sep 12 2016 22:39
@Mitul: Did you receive a response to your question?
@Wes and @DesPetrie: The Signature Analyst Upgrades Status Sheet worksheet lists both "CRYPTO" and "CRYPTO_WRAPPER." Do you happen to know to what the wrapper refers?