These are chat archives for DigitalGlobe/tools

Oct 2016
Beth Okun
@BethOkun
Oct 05 2016 01:44
@DesPetrie - Hi Des, and good evening to all. I was just checking out the SDE library as per your request. To me, it looks like something we can do. It's licenced under the "GNU LESSER GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE". I was able to download the source code and some test code and take a brief look at it. SDE does require another library called QR_SOLVE, but that is included in the same website area as the SDE. Not sure what compiler would be the most useful............it does not appear to be a Visual C++ project, but it does include the namespace std stuff. If you would like me to unblock this and put it on my list, please just let me know.
Beth Okun
@BethOkun
Oct 05 2016 01:51
P.S. - Glancing at the code a little further, there are multiple references to multiple versions of gnuplot - not sure if this is useful to us or not?
Beth Okun
@BethOkun
Oct 05 2016 13:20
Good morning.......It looks like there's an SDE plugin available within the GDAL project.
Beth Okun
@BethOkun
Oct 05 2016 15:03

LizardTech is now a business. They have a program for developers that they describe as follows:

The LizardTech Developer Program offers a range of MrSID Software Kits (SDKs) and development tools for integrating decode (viewing) capabilities and encoding technologies.

Decode SDKs for MrSID are provided free of charge for development. This allows developers to integrate viewing of MrSID into their applications.

If you are interested in joining our Developer Program, please fill out this form and someone will contact you shortly.

LizardTech will provide you with the tools you need to support viewing of MrSID and JPEG 2000 formats within your application. You will find downloadable C++ SDKs, technical notes and documentation and a link to get additional email support.

We encourage you to register, so you'll be the first to know when we add resources for developers.

I will poke around and see if I can find an older free version somewhere.
Beth Okun
@BethOkun
Oct 05 2016 15:16
LizardTech info from GDAL: Building with MrSID SDK
MrSID driver needs LizardTech decoding software development kit (DSDK). It is not free software, but you can download it without charge at ​https://www.lizardtech.com/developer/ (you will have to register first). To enable file creation capability you need encoding SDK (ESDK). You should contact ​LizardTech to obtain it.
Wes Hildebrandt
@WesHildebrandt
Oct 05 2016 16:43
@/all : I'm not going to be able to make the call today .. no real update for me .. I'll be at Skope tomorrow and Friday, but I'll try to call in if I can
Des Petrie
@DesPetrie
Oct 05 2016 17:02
@/all Thanks Wes. Also, could you advise @BethOkun on LizardTech SDK (Issue #27)? Dave Grason also reached out and said there is no longer a need to support MrSID?
Wes Hildebrandt
@WesHildebrandt
Oct 05 2016 17:43
@BethOkun @DesPetrie : since Dave says we don't need to support MrSID, let's drop the LizardTech library for now .. when we build SA we'll have to remove any references to MrSID and the LT library .. if we have any problems at that point we can revisit this issue
Des Petrie