These are chat archives for DroidPlanner/Tower

Jul 2016
Jul 13 2016 08:22
@ne0fhyk alright I commented, compilation continued but got this exception:
Error:Execution failed for task ':Android:transformClassesWithDexForDevDebug'.
> org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process 'command 'C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_79\bin\java.exe'' finished with non-zero exit value 3
Fredia Huya-Kouadio
Jul 13 2016 16:21
@Jack-2025 this is caused because android studio is a memory beast :(
@Jack-2025 you have to increase the javaMaxHeapSize for the dexOptions to build successfully. i.e: dexOptions { javaMaxHeapSize "4g" }
Increasing the java max heap size to 4g seems to satisfy the beast for now. I'll update the Android/build.gradle file with the new option:
dexOptions {
        javaMaxHeapSize "4g"
Fredia Huya-Kouadio
Jul 13 2016 16:27
@Jack-2025 I pushed the fixes to the standalone branch.
Jul 13 2016 16:36
@ne0fhyk I did some testing after running into a weird bug in Site-Scan concerning large scans and it turns out that the radius for the LOITER_TURNS command is stored in a byte on the side of ardupilot. So I can send you a PR with the MAX_RADIUS variable in tower set to 255.0 if you want. Or you can take care of it yourself.
Code of interest in ardupilot
radius_m = fabsf(packet.param3);                // radius in meters is held in high in param3
cmd.p1 = (((uint16_t)radius_m)<<8) | (uint16_t)num_turns;   // store radius in high byte of p1, num turns in low byte of p1
Fredia Huya-Kouadio
Jul 13 2016 16:38
@TShapinsky good find. go ahead with the PR, credit should be assigned where it's due
Fredia Huya-Kouadio
Jul 13 2016 17:45
@TShapinsky can you add a check on the relevant mission items implementation to constraint their max radius value to 255. I think only Circle and StructureScanner make use of the LOITER_TURNS command.
Jul 13 2016 18:26