THE DSR WEEKLY DIGEST:
DSR (DataScience Room) is an effort to gather campers of all levels and specializations willing to engage in discussion, collaboration and practice of data-related projects with focus on JS and FCC.
- posting about how to become a Data Science and some perceptions about the role (@Lightwaves , @darwinrc, me); excellent links and posts about trends in the sector including:
- Data Science opportunities,
- the role of semantic search,
- deep learning
- link about JS tools and nodejs for data scientists; another about the Linear Algebra's sylvester project for JS
- a good youtube video link about a presentation of barracuda app
- links about flask, socket.io, node.js clustering, a some more...
- @Mius00 proposed using camperbot to drop datascience links, and also mentioned datacamp
- links about combining nodejs and python
- one link about chatroom analysis
In the WWW...:
I have already posted a lot of links! And there will be more for sure. However, I would like to make a special case for one about a demo (2013) made by Mario Klaue for several reasons:
- the demo is about combining nodejs, jQuery tools, socket.io and d3js
- a very clean, just-to-the-point code; those sort of codes that make difficult seems to look easy; inspiring...
- the mentioning and use of a jQuery-based library with an object oriented + event-driven approach to create front-end controllers, can.js
Have a look! You will learn not just one but many things by studying the Klaue's demo!
It is a pity this is the only demo that Klaue made in his blog of just two posts. The demo is written in English of a mainly German-written blog.
- I will shortly deliver a very simple demo using socket.io and d3.js with express to get data from Gitter chatrooms.
Stay in touch!