These are chat archives for FreeCodeCamp/DataScience

May 2017
Rishabh Chakrabarti
@bassdeveloper
May 09 2017 08:10
@becausealice2 I was going to reply with a full fledged answer. I pressed enter :P
evaristoc
@evaristoc
May 09 2017 10:59
@jayvora92 If the activities around the Survey 2017 don't appeal your interest, I could try to find something for you. I think I might have a good option but I have to think about?
Alice Jiang
@becausealice2
May 09 2017 14:52
@bassdeveloper what?
Rishi Kothari
@rishiosaur
May 09 2017 15:20
hi
@annfish So did I, that's how I came here
Eric Leung
@erictleung
May 09 2017 16:15
@evaristoc thanks for sharing! :+1: Great advice for learning in general: the need for feedback and metacognition in learning.
CamperBot
@camperbot
May 09 2017 16:15
erictleung sends brownie points to @evaristoc :sparkles: :thumbsup: :sparkles:
:cookie: 347 | @evaristoc |http://www.freecodecamp.com/evaristoc
Eric Leung
@erictleung
May 09 2017 16:19
My own share for today :smile: Here's a report done by IBM on the data science and analytics market, where they define various data science roles, their salary, high-paying skills, key analytical skills, and suggest data science areas which will be high in demand but in short supply.
@rishiosaur hi there! And welcome!
Hèlen Grives
@mesmoiron
May 09 2017 18:04
@erictleung thanks
CamperBot
@camperbot
May 09 2017 18:04
mesmoiron sends brownie points to @erictleung :sparkles: :thumbsup: :sparkles:
:cookie: 499 | @erictleung |http://www.freecodecamp.com/erictleung
Jay Vora
@jayvora92
May 09 2017 20:47
@evaristoc thanks! I actually saw the data on github yesterday but I got confused that after cleansing it what unique prediction I can show from it to make my capstone project different. I guess I am lacking a vision required to use this data effectively.
CamperBot
@camperbot
May 09 2017 20:47
jayvora92 sends brownie points to @evaristoc :sparkles: :thumbsup: :sparkles:
:cookie: 348 | @evaristoc |http://www.freecodecamp.com/evaristoc
Jay Vora
@jayvora92
May 09 2017 20:49
@evaristoc yes I also found google n gram data useful but I would really appreciate your any suggestion regarding datasets n project and yes it wAs nice read .this might help my distracted nature while studying😁
Alice Jiang
@becausealice2
May 09 2017 22:28
@jayvora92 Sometimes you have to just dive into the data face first and find questions as opposed to thinking up questions and then picking out the relevant data.
Alice Jiang
@becausealice2
May 09 2017 22:57
In celebration of the MSI (a League of Legends tournament), thought I'd share Riot Games' open data positions. They're all in LA, unclear their feelings regarding working from other offices or remotely, and they'll more than likely overlook anyone who doesn't play at least casually.