These are chat archives for FreeCodeCamp/DataScience

Dec 2017
Matthew Barlowe
@mcbarlowe
Dec 16 2017 03:54
Ok I finally completed my d3 map and here it is https://s3.amazonaws.com/barloweanalytics/index.html
any feedback would be great
Josh Goldberg
@GoldbergData
Dec 16 2017 06:30
nice work @mcbarlowe. Are there two scales between the buttons? I think they’re both percent? Maybe define what a delinquency is?
D3 is cool…I have to learn one day
evaristoc
@evaristoc
Dec 16 2017 11:38
@mcbarlowe nice!! What is average delinquency?
@becausealice2 nice link!
evaristoc
@evaristoc
Dec 16 2017 12:07

@becausealice2 about the emojis:

Yes I don't visit the fcc/fcc since long but I wouldn't be surprise.

I agree that the context might be relevant.

In fact the main hypothesis driving the project was based on reports suggesting that emojis are used differently per social platforms. The use of emojis on Instagram seems to be different than in Facebook, for example.

I was wondering if there is a "fCC way" in the use of emojis. I made a comparison with an old benchmark (couldn't find something up-to-date) and up to March 2017 there was apparently a distinctive pattern, but it is not statistically proved.

With the recent updated data the apparent pattern I found might change. But I won't discuss that as I can't write a full analysis of the use of emojis for a Medium article.

I don't pretend to get deep and formal with this analysis. I am thinking on this project as an opportunity to do some research, learn a few more things and to promote the use of the datasets before loading them into Kaggle. Promotion involves a divulgative article on Medium.

evaristoc
@evaristoc
Dec 16 2017 12:15
@becausealice2
Things I want to do is practicing d3.js again, implementing more advanced things than before. I have a couple of visualizations in mind. One of them makes use of some animations. I hope to have you around?
Matthew Barlowe
@mcbarlowe
Dec 16 2017 16:36
@GoldbergData no it's supposed to just be average accounts delinquent i forgot the percentage sign in there from when i was doing something with percents in its first iteration
Alice Jiang
@becausealice2
Dec 16 2017 16:50
I'll be here @evaristoc
Josh Goldberg
@GoldbergData
Dec 16 2017 22:23
Good article on encodings: http://kunststube.net/encoding/#basics
evaristoc
@evaristoc
Dec 16 2017 22:46
thanks, @GoldbergData !
CamperBot
@camperbot
Dec 16 2017 22:46
evaristoc sends brownie points to @goldbergdata :sparkles: :thumbsup: :sparkles:
:cookie: 125 | @goldbergdata |http://www.freecodecamp.org/goldbergdata