These are chat archives for FreeCodeCamp/DataScience

Jan 2018
Alice Jiang
@becausealice2
Jan 07 2018 05:26
omg :sparkles:
That's from that damn bot
and also because I may or may not have started a trend a while back of calling this chat platform " :sparkles: glitter :sparkles: "
that got really popular for a while because we were all really dumb
evaristoc
@evaristoc
Jan 07 2018 12:30
:) It might be your fault then, @becausealice2 - I found all camperbot messages and didn't include them in the analysis.
There could be probably still a few outliers. I won't put too much emphasis on them though.
Yingjie (Iris) Hu
@huyingjie
Jan 07 2018 15:28
I never saw people using star icon. It is generated by bots automatically if someone thanks the other person. @evaristoc Do you exclude the messages generated by machines when cleaning the data?
CamperBot
@camperbot
Jan 07 2018 15:28
huyingjie sends brownie points to @evaristoc :sparkles: :thumbsup: :sparkles:
:cookie: 395 | @evaristoc |http://www.freecodecamp.org/evaristoc
evaristoc
@evaristoc
Jan 07 2018 15:45

@huyingjie

Thanks for the comment! My reply:

1. The fact that you haven't seen it is not enough evidence that no-one has used it ;) .
  2. I cleaned the data from camperbot but there should be other outliers for sure. I am not sure about trying to go after every outlier for this project though - I expect and I will be ok with several unaccuracies. Cleaning data could turn out a very hard task deciding which are false negatives/positives and I consider it an overkill for this specific project.

Following your point though, I didn't visually find any automated user mentioning :sparkles: after I took camperbot out. There was a user who apparently mentioned some of the outlying emojis very frequently, I don't remember his name though. ndrrus or something. I haven't check the content of his messages.

@huyingjie The project will be an approximation to the behaviour and to the problems you could face when analysing this kind of situations. There could emerge aspects that won't make sense.

CamperBot
@camperbot
Jan 07 2018 15:45
evaristoc sends brownie points to @huyingjie :sparkles: :thumbsup: :sparkles:
:cookie: 287 | @huyingjie |http://www.freecodecamp.org/huyingjie
evaristoc
@evaristoc
Jan 07 2018 22:46
Sorry people need to check things I am not finding a match for (about 450 ones, about 1/3, many not rendering):
  • :donut:
  • :hurtrealbad:

I will pick the 150 more popular of that list + flags (which have not been matched by my script) and see if I can at least find an image for them. Even if actual emojis, many of the 450 are not mentioned more than 10 times.

So I could track close to 800-900 emojis in total including the approximation.

evaristoc
@evaristoc
Jan 07 2018 22:55
Less emojis than with the previous work actually, but more frequently used.
evaristoc
@evaristoc
Jan 07 2018 23:15
:fu:
:point_up: not that popular apparently but used enough to be considered...
:goberserk:
:godmode:
:finnadie:
:vomit:
evaristoc
@evaristoc
Jan 07 2018 23:21
:covfefe:
Still not an emoji!!???
:fox:

Need to complete the images manually of 5-10 of them.

In total, about 810 emojis. Uff! that has been a bit of a work!