These are chat archives for Glavin001/atom-beautify

Oct 2016
Jane Mertens
@l33tgirlcoder_twitter
Oct 07 2016 15:12
THIS PLUGIN PUBLISHERS USERS PRIVATE ENVIRONMENT VARS TO ANON GISTS WITHOUT INFORMING THEM
Glavin Wiechert
@Glavin001
Oct 07 2016 15:13
It does inform the user with prompt messages that require clicking “Ok” to continue.
Did these messages not appear for you?
Jane Mertens
@l33tgirlcoder_twitter
Oct 07 2016 15:15
what does the message say exactly?
Glavin Wiechert
@Glavin001
Oct 07 2016 15:15
@l33tgirlcoder_twitter If you would like to change the messages, please submit a Pull Request to Atom-Beautify. This is an open-source project than loves contributions from others :)
return unless confirm('Are you ready to debug Atom Beautify?\n\n'+
'Warning: This will create an anonymous Gist on GitHub (publically accessible and cannot be easily deleted) '+
'containing the contents of your active Text Editor.\n'+
'Be sure to delete any private text from your active Text Editor before continuing '+
'to ensure you are not sharing undesirable private information.')
Jane Mertens
@l33tgirlcoder_twitter
Oct 07 2016 15:15
does it say, "your environment variables will be published, or does it say the contents of the ide?
Glavin Wiechert
@Glavin001
Oct 07 2016 15:15
That’s the code right there. It will not continue until the user clicks “ok"
That sounds like a very good change that you can submit a Pull Request for. Always great to have improvements! :)
The Gist was created automatically because other users were struggling to report their debugging information. So it was added in to be automated for Atom-Beautify to help users report their debugging information and ask for help.
Jane Mertens
@l33tgirlcoder_twitter
Oct 07 2016 15:17
ok, thanks for the info and response. I still think it is a bit of dangerous feature
Glavin Wiechert
@Glavin001
Oct 07 2016 15:18
I agree. I am definitely thinking of how to change it. unfortunately I do not have time right now (in exams and big work projects) so I can’t make the changes myself :(
Originally it would be copied to the clipboard but users were having problems with that, too. We’ve seen a great improvement in Issues reported, but at a cost of over-automating, I would say..
I’d love to discuss more on GitHub about recommended improvements and if you have any questions and are interested in submitting a Pull Request feel free to let me know! Thanks!