These are chat archives for Nethereum/Nethereum

3rd
Apr 2018
hantosy
@hantosy
Apr 03 2018 05:08
Hi guys, i have a problem. i try to check balance but it's not working with error "Error occurred when trying to send rpc requests(s)". My code below:"
string senderAddress = "add";
string senderPassword = "pass";
var managedAccount = new ManagedAccount(senderAddress, senderPassword);
var web3 = new Nethereum.Web3.Web3(managedAccount);
            var transactionPolling = web3.TransactionManager.TransactionReceiptService;

var currentBalance = await web3.Eth.GetBalance.SendRequestAsync(senderAddress);"
Please help me! Thanks
Juan Blanco
@juanfranblanco
Apr 03 2018 06:02
@AldelopiomicA Quorum works slightly different, you will need to use the PrivateFor
@quangnhat91 web3.Eth.Transactions check all the requests there
@hantosy you are actually doing a very simple call, is your testnet running?
AldelopiomicA
@AldelopiomicA
Apr 03 2018 06:57

@juanfranblanco thank you for answering. But let me explain my question again.

Assume Node1 deploy private contract for Node2 [using web3.SetPrivateRequestParameters ] Confirm in local geth attach to node1,2,3 node3 doesn't see the value as it should

The normal use case where I use Web3Quorum to connect to node1,2,3 Web3Quorum(node1rpc), ... And use the transaction with SetPrivateRequestParameters is fine.

Question:
But what I want to do is at Node1 . var web3 = Web3Quorum(node1rpc) can I sign offline transaction with account in node2 ? [assume I have private key ] and send using the node1

I want to have my application support multiple account even-though they interact with same node and still have that privateFor feature.

Juan Blanco
@juanfranblanco
Apr 03 2018 06:59
Ah I see, that has been a limitation from the start.
I don't know if that has been corrected yet
Juan Blanco
@juanfranblanco
Apr 03 2018 07:10
jpmorganchase/quorum#90
@AldelopiomicA
jpmorganchase/quorum#146
AldelopiomicA
@AldelopiomicA
Apr 03 2018 07:19
@juanfranblanco Oh thank you very much. So I will rethink my design and monitor that link.
Luis Silva
@varsnotwars
Apr 03 2018 09:37
Hi, when trying execute the code below, I get this exception:
RpcResponseException: The method personal_unlockAccount does not exist/is not available
                var accountUnlocked = await _web3.Personal.UnlockAccount.SendRequestAsync(_accountAddress, _password, 60);
Juan Blanco
@juanfranblanco
Apr 03 2018 09:37
what client are you using_
have you enabled personal?
Luis Silva
@varsnotwars
Apr 03 2018 09:52
default rpc
Sorry if I've missed this in the docs but how do I enable personal?
Oh, when running geth. I think I have I'll just check.
I forgot to enable personal. Thanks for your help.
Juan Blanco
@juanfranblanco
Apr 03 2018 09:57
nb
Vish Sharma
@ViastVish_twitter
Apr 03 2018 12:29
Hello,
I am sorry, if this question has been asked in the past. I want to listen to events being raised from a contract. Which I can do by creating a filter for an event and calling a GetAllChanges or GetFilterChanges.
But, the problem is it only gives me the events that are raised after I create the filter.
Lets say a contract was created on 1st April 2018 and I wrote my code on 4th April. Any events that were raised before 4th I am not able to get them.
Is there a way to read the events that were raised in the past?
Vish Sharma
@ViastVish_twitter
Apr 03 2018 13:10
I saw a previous response to my question. I now understand that I need to run GetAllchanges with BlockParameter range
But now I am getting following exception
Value was either too large or too small for a UInt64. I have used ulong as type.