These are chat archives for OpenLiveWriter/OpenLiveWriter

31st
Dec 2015
Jason Evans
@MrClyfar
Dec 31 2015 10:17
I have configured a client ID, and secret, for my OAuth settings in Google Developer Console. I pasted those ID values into the file "GoogleBloggerv3Secrets.json". Each time I build the solution, something overwrites that file back to it's original content, thus removing my ID values. Is there something else I need to configure so that my settings are left alone?
Scott Lovegrove
@ScottIsAFool
Dec 31 2015 16:01
@MrClyfar you need to put them in the writer.build.targets file in the root of the repository
Jason Evans
@MrClyfar
Dec 31 2015 21:39
@ScottIsAFool Thanks, that worked a treat.
Jason Evans
@MrClyfar
Dec 31 2015 22:32
I'm not sure if I have broken something. I'm now unable to log onto my Blogger account (it was working before I created a new Git branch in Visual Studio and switched to it). When stepping into the code, I see that the following line in GDataCredentials.IsValid() returns null and thus the function returns false. AuthValue authValue = _auths[new AuthKey(username, password, service)] as AuthValue;
Jason Evans
@MrClyfar
Dec 31 2015 22:45
Ignore that previous comment, red herring. It's something else I need to look into.
Jason Evans
@MrClyfar
Dec 31 2015 23:02
Ok, it seems the exception is raised because of a 404. In GDataCredentials.EnsureLoggedIn() the following is executed response = RedirectHelper.GetResponse(uri, new RedirectHelper.RequestFactory(glrf.Create)); The url for the request, which causes the 404, is https://www.google.com/accounts/ClientLogin. That url looks sound, and I do get a response when I manually navigate to it in Chrome. I'm really unsure what has gone wrong here. I double-checked I have fetched the latest code from GitHub, and that is up to date. Weird. Might leave this for another day.