These are chat archives for Opendigitalradio/mmbTools

23rd
Sep 2016
Matthias P. Braendli
@mpbraendli
Sep 23 2016 08:55
If you have data going both ways you'll end up noticing the problem, but if the dataflow is unidirectional you can get stuck...
I've added a timeout now on the receiving end.
The ODR-PadEnc and ODR-AudioEnc READMEs have been updated too.
Nick Piggott
@nickpiggott
Sep 23 2016 11:41
:thumbsup: Nice move. If you know you should be receiving a constant stream, putting a timeout in is a good way of clearing the problem. (Sadly for @magicbadger, that isn't so easy to do...)
Nick Piggott
@nickpiggott
Sep 23 2016 11:47
@mpbraendli - can I suggest a card for the Mux trello? Switch announcements control input to something like ZMQ. The problem with the current telnet interface is that it's a single-user, interactive and blocking, so if you have multiple announcements (or have someone in the management interface when an announcement is signalled :frowning: ), then it blocks everything else out. In the future, you could also use the same interface to control service linking LA flag toggling.... in.. the... future...
Matthias P. Braendli
@mpbraendli
Sep 23 2016 11:57
Yeah I have to port the ZMQ remote control Paneda added to ODR-DabMod to ODR-DabMux too, then you would have both at the same time
Nick Piggott
@nickpiggott
Sep 23 2016 13:06
:thumbsup:
Matthias P. Braendli
@mpbraendli
Sep 23 2016 13:12
I'm currently comparing the new V2.1.1 draft spec to the V1.4.1 one. Quite some changes, but not much impact on our tools because it's mostly backward compatible.
@nickpiggott could you prepare me an example mux file I could add to the doc/ folder that contains the correct settings for EPG?
Nick Piggott
@nickpiggott
Sep 23 2016 14:31
@mpbraendli yes. I think we're only need to add four parameters, so I'll just work out where. Can I start a new section for radiodns-odr bridge?
Matthias P. Braendli
@mpbraendli
Sep 23 2016 14:58
Yes, but only if you explain what purpose it serves in comments :-)
Matthias P. Braendli
@mpbraendli
Sep 23 2016 20:04
@DavidLutton One thing I wondered about the satisfy entries: Is it better to put as many as possible, or is pkgconfig something like a fallback for other distributions only? There doesn't seem to be a lot of documentation about this
David Lutton
@DavidLutton
Sep 23 2016 20:29
Looking around gr-recipes I found zeromq.lwr which read in combination with pybombs config as go as through as you like, then go to source by default.
pybombs config satisfy_order and packagers