These are chat archives for PaperCutSoftware/PaperCutExamples

Feb 2019
Lancs Print
@lancsuniprint_gitlab
Feb 19 16:52
Hi, a quick question. We're planning on turning off 'Show account confirmation' on all our devices. Obviously I'd rather do that programmatically for our 290 devices, and am wondering if there is a configuration item for "unticking" that box on the device summary page? I could then sort it via Powershell and the webapi. Thanks. Phil
Alec Clews
@alecthegeek
Feb 19 21:29

I've just had a hunt through the code and we don't have that attribute. I'm not sure why, but I'm going to raise a feature request (which does not help you today --sorry). It would really help if you sent in a ticket for this to integration-dev-support@papercut.com that I can attach to the feature request.

Sorry I don't have anything more for you

Cole Lyall
@clyall_gitlab
Feb 19 23:02
@alecthegeek Hi Alec, for custom user sync scripts, we are in need of populating the "Secondary Card/ID Number". From here (https://www.papercut.com/kb/Main/CaseStudyCustomUserSyncIntegration), it looks like they only allow us to populate the Primary Card / ID Number. Do you know if there's any way to get this field populated on import?
Alec Clews
@alecthegeek
Feb 19 23:09
I'm afraid not @clyall_gitlab , I would probably do it via a call the web services API method setUserProperty(), triggered by the custom sync script getting called. (not ideal I know). We should probably have another look at the custom sync -- can you send an email to integration-dev-support@papercut.com to help me get that process started. Thanks
Cole Lyall
@clyall_gitlab
Feb 19 23:12
@alecthegeek No worries, I thought so. Thanks for the quick response!
Cole Lyall
@clyall_gitlab
Feb 19 23:53
@alecthegeek do you know if that API method can update the Secondary ID Number field? I checked the documentation and it doesn't indicate one way or the other