These are chat archives for PerfectlySoft/PerfectDocs

Jul 2016
Kyle Jessup
@kjessup
Jul 20 2016 15:47
Regarding the MySQL quickstart information. The database connectors do not require or use PerfectLib or the server in any way, yet all the new information pulls those in
Tim Taplin
@taplin
Jul 20 2016 16:16
I guess that I was looking to have a quick start example which would result in a functioning project and not something just in abstract. I took some cues from the currently outdated MongoDB example which works similarly.
we could remove the dependencies and have a more bare bones quickstart if that is the preference
Kyle Jessup
@kjessup
Jul 20 2016 16:27
Oh I didn't realize mongo was the same way. I don't think I did that.
Tim Taplin
@taplin
Jul 20 2016 16:30
I understand your point about the connector not depending on PerfectLib or the HTTPServer, but I think there could be arguments on both sides, and we should have a clear decision, and maintain that consistently thru these quickstart examples
I am happy to update both quickstarts accordingly given some direction, and then will continue to produce further quickstarts consistent with that decision.
Kyle Jessup
@kjessup
Jul 20 2016 16:58
I think that if the words Quick Start were changed to something like Example Usage or the like and they included a sentence saying this example shows how to use this module along with PerfectHTTPServer or something like that it would be less confusing
Kyle Jessup
@kjessup
Jul 20 2016 17:29
Who is working on what right now?
I'm doing a quick redis-sessions module and then hitting request/response filters docs
Tim Taplin
@taplin
Jul 20 2016 17:31
I’m working on quickstarts, Postgres on deck at the moment
Jonathan Guthrie
@iamjono
Jul 20 2016 17:33
I’m working on the Static File Content docs
then probably the multi part forms docs
Ryan Collins
@rymcol
Jul 20 2016 19:20
I'm doing the MySQL guide & the benchmarking project.
Jonathan Guthrie
@iamjono
Jul 20 2016 20:22
excellent
Kyle Jessup
@kjessup
Jul 20 2016 21:57
all the docs completed badges seem to be getting an error. I'm going to replace them with just text