These are chat archives for RBMHTechnology/eventuate

Sep 2017
Alek Andreev
@aandr
Sep 06 2017 14:49
@krasserm thanks for your reply on the GitHub issue and sorry for spamming over there. Great to hear it's still being maintained!
Martin Krasser
@krasserm
Sep 06 2017 15:23
@aandr no problem, let us know if you have any further questions! Will close the ticket then ...
Alek Andreev
@aandr
Sep 06 2017 15:23
To be honest I'd like to hear the response from Paul
Also looked at your personal project, the API looks really solid.
Martin Krasser
@krasserm
Sep 06 2017 15:24
Sure, please close the ticket when you think it's right.
Alek Andreev
@aandr
Sep 06 2017 15:24
Ok
Martin Krasser
@krasserm
Sep 06 2017 15:28

Also looked at your personal project, the API looks really solid.

Glad you like it. https://github.com/krasserm/akka-stream-eventsourcing also covers many things discussed in context of Calliope.

Alek Andreev
@aandr
Sep 06 2017 15:28
True
Odd Möller
@odd
Sep 06 2017 17:46
Hi @krasserm, I hope you're enjoying your vacation. Since I saw you in here I thought I'd throw you a question if you have any time to kill :sunglasses:
I'm wondering about the intended behavior in akka-stream-eventsourcing regarding the state supplied to the requestHandlerProvider; for any requests made before the first event is emitted (for each eventsourced flow instance), it seems that the supplied initial state rather than the most recent state according to the event log is passed to the provider. Any request happening after an event has been emitted on the same flow instance will see the correct state since the event log has been recovered by then. This means that you can not depend on the current state (according to the event log) to select the request handler behavior (at least not for eventsourced flow instances that havent had any event emissions).
Is this by design? If not, any idea as to how to resolve it? As I understand it the event log should have to be recovered before any request is processed via ci so that the current state is correctly calculated, but how to do that from within the BidiFlow I don't know (as ei seems to be after ci in the flow).