These are chat archives for SightstoneOfficial/LegendaryClient

31st
Aug 2015
xzyxzy
@xzyxzy
Aug 31 2015 09:38
I am getting "Database is broken". Haven't used LC in a while, so I'm trying fresh install. How do I deal with it?
Martin Konstantin Herrmann
@voshond
Aug 31 2015 11:18
@Dispersia tell me when you got some time (:
Peter Chan
@NitroXenon
Aug 31 2015 11:41
@xzyxzy Run the patcher first.
xzyxzy
@xzyxzy
Aug 31 2015 11:47
@NitroXenon what do you mean by "patcher"?
xzyxzy
@xzyxzy
Aug 31 2015 12:18
@NitroXenon Okay, What do I press here to make it work? http://i.imgur.com/USo2tOD.png If I close it, it crashes so hard, that patcher will be never be able to run from same directory again, even after re-extracting archive to same path. Version is probably with 506 at the end.
xzyxzy
@xzyxzy
Aug 31 2015 12:36
I'm giving up. 0 instructions how to get it at least launch properly.
Martin Konstantin Herrmann
@voshond
Aug 31 2015 13:13
@xzyxzy sorry for that inconvenience. We try polishing that patcher currently and we are doing heavy code changes to prepare a all new version, so you can watch our project and come back from time to time.
xzyxzy
@xzyxzy
Aug 31 2015 19:43
@mhn23 I just wanted to get any instruction how to get it working. Half of builds doesn't have patcher in them. and even after replacing "working" build on top of build with "patcher" gives 0 results.
Martin Konstantin Herrmann
@voshond
Aug 31 2015 19:45
Thats because we are still moving things, it's a trail and error since the project is quite large and we just renamed the project and its classes so we may overlooked something. In theory it should work, practical well your case
I'd be happy when you can create an issue in GitHub with your logs maybe of the patcher/client
And as for now the most ppl that are doing backend are quite busy with their own life's atm
And I work mostly on the interface and still have to learn c# so I'm not able to squish bugs in that kind of large scaled project
So when I tested all and can provide some feedback for you I will tag you here for some info
xzyxzy
@xzyxzy
Aug 31 2015 19:48
Are you sure that creating issue with 0 idea how do I install it, is good?
Martin Konstantin Herrmann
@voshond
Aug 31 2015 19:48
You can report that bug in the issues page
It should have created some sort of
log
Don't be too hard on us ok? I'm speaking nice to you and I expect you to do that as well
xzyxzy
@xzyxzy
Aug 31 2015 19:51
I can just say that naked https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/fpo8sagus4ab8ngw/artifacts/Sightstone.zip this one (i don't know what is this version) gives database error.
If I put sightstone.patcher., ionic.zip., Hardcodet.Wpf.TaskbarNotification.* in it patcher doesn't starts
If I try any other version with patcher in it, patcher starts, but I have no idea what should I press in it to save settings or accept them or whatever but make it not crash after trying to close
xzyxzy
@xzyxzy
Aug 31 2015 19:57
I mean if you try closing it after selecting region, it will crash with this in SightstonePatcher.log (http://pastie.org/private/cqk4vt51xq5dgodewevw) and thereafter will never launch until you rename directory with all sightstone files (just renaming solves that, no re-extracting needed).
@mhn23 ping :<
Martin Konstantin Herrmann
@voshond
Aug 31 2015 20:12
Yeah post the log in there
That's all I can try here
I got to wait for the backend guys to fix that
It's def not happening the next day
I will push that to the guys
And the naked is crashing because we removed an database from our project that had the champion data etc in it
But you had to wait for it to be updated after each lol update
So we removed it and tried getting the data from the lol client itself
And as it seems we need to work on that
Martin Konstantin Herrmann
@voshond
Aug 31 2015 20:17
And the old log seems to be unfinished
Is it the complete
or just a part
MarthaBee
@princessGasmask
Aug 31 2015 22:18
I DL'ed the latest Sightstone with Patcher and when I launch the client, nothing happens. The patcher works, though.