These are chat archives for SmingHub/Sming

Mar 2016
hreintke
@hreintke
Mar 24 2016 07:45
@avr39-ripe :
But you submitted 2 PR's on which you ask for comments. Are they only useful when the two others come and then comment on all ?
Alexander V. Ribchansky
@avr39-ripe
Mar 24 2016 08:37
@hreintke to my PRs.. #667 - remove extra debug from wifievents - can be merged separately, nothing else relay on this. #668 - can be merget separately, but merge of this PR is PREFERABLE to prior to merge #669 (WebSkeletonApp). #666 is mandatory PR for #669. also for proper function of WebSkeletonApp pr #631 + #622 SHOULD be merged
@hreintke also rewrite comment to #669 reflecting above info
Patrick Jahns
@patrickjahns
Mar 24 2016 13:10
@avr39-ripe
With your suggestion (WifiEvents/WebSkeletonApp) I restructured my project and incorporated some of your ideas. If you're interested - check it here: https://github.com/patrickjahns/esp_rgbww_firmware/blob/master/app/networking.cpp
Alexander V. Ribchansky
@avr39-ripe
Mar 24 2016 15:07
@patrickjahns at first sight your app looks impressive.. will dig ino it little bit later.. glad, that my work is useful for somebody :)
Patrick Jahns
@patrickjahns
Mar 24 2016 18:51
@avr39-ripe
it still has a lot of improvement points - the json parsing is a lot repeated stuff - and I am not sure how to apply the DRY principle there
Alexander V. Ribchansky
@avr39-ripe
Mar 24 2016 19:50
@patrickjahns yes, json is parsed minimum two times.. we need separate json parsing to function and use it in load/save config file and get/set from web ui.. not as easy as it seems, because we often need particular reaction on particular config parameter change.. I mostly think in direction to avoid global config and split it to classes thet implement application logic, so every class should de/serealize itself by own json parser.. and register such parsers in global config entry point..