These are chat archives for TARDIX/Dev

22nd
Apr 2015
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 00:00
like wtffff
almost homee
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:00
wooohoo
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 00:00
brb
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:18
Well well well
Oh my gosh the chat is upside down
There. :)
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:19
Heheh
So, S3, meet the dev team! We got @RainbowDashDC that's working on a network stack for Chameleon
we have @awsumben13 that contribuited the process API
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:20
Hey, I know Rainbow, don't I?
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:20
You do. I think.
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:20
I wonder why I can't see my own chat messages.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:20
We have @DemHydraz .You might have heard of him
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:20
Isn't he the CCLinux gyt?
buy*
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:20
Yea he is actually
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:21
I wonder why this is being so weird.
I can't see any of my messages unless I scroll up then back down..
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:21
Lol?
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:21
Yeah wtf
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:21
what browser?
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:22
Firefox.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:22
I'm using firefox
No issues here
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:22
I could try with Seamonkey but that uses Gecko just as Firefox
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:22
we've also got @FlareHAX0R (Kitten) working on his own distro
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:22
Chrome is out of the question
I don't know how things can go so far ahead, while there's still so much uncertainty in the source of TARDIX itself
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:23
indeed
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:23
demhydraz: if you load Tron paul as a library, you're going to be able to push functions and stuff onto the stack manually.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:23
ohgood
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:23
It's a neat side effect of having extra functions lying around.
Yeah for the boot loader thats useless but
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:24
Not really
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:24
for using it to embed for say scripting or something...
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:24
unless you mean calling a function
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:24
no, I mean, direct manipulation of the stack from outside of TP
the boot loader only does minimal, but lets say you have your own program and you want to use TP for scripting (No idea why)
you could use the TP library and push functions onto the stack, etc
which can be TP lambdas or lua functions
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:25
I see now.
You can also ping me with @DemHydraz
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:25
oh neat.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:25
the chance of me responding is greater. (it fires a gnome notification)
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:25
yeah TP is changing just a little bit
every element of the stack has a lightweight molecule
this is to help with type checking that I did not really do in the alpha test
so the idea is that if you type 2 2 +
it will push 3 molecules onto the stack
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:26
Reverse polish? Cooool.
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:27
well technically two
itl push two modules on the stack, and itl call the third.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:27
Yea. Won't it push 2 and then pop those?
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:27
well if you're making a lambda
then you want it to push + as a molecule instead
which it does for you :)
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:27
ALSO:
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:27
?
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:27
I maked a simple build system
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:27
Oh neat
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:28

builder()
   :addEntryPoint "myEntryPoint.lua"
   :addSource "myLibrary.lua"
   :setOutput "myProgram.o"
And to invoke:
$ /usr/bin/build <file>
You can have multiple builders per file
It automagically compiles it to a lambda (specified by setOutput), links all source files and sets the entry point to whatever you set with addEntryPoint
(actually: it's setEntryPoint)
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:30
[ : dup * : ] square define <-- : toggles NOP, which means that everything besides : gets pushed as a molecule instead of executed immediately. [ ] is the lambda operator, telling TP that you are defining a function, define takes a lambda on the stack, and a name of a function, and defines the lambda with a unique name in the environment.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:31
Cool.
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:31
so now you can just be like
4 square
and your stack will have 16
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:32
Sounds like FORTH
I remember FORTH back from when redpower still existed.
I remember I wrote a program to controle a redstone-powered piano
And also controleled a minecart that took you to the notes being played
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 00:37
Done :P
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:37
Rainbaws!
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 00:37
Sowwy, had chores.
Ugh. Brb, again
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:40
I feel like from S3 to TARDIX, we took a turn to the better
we're now taking community input (TARDIX/Kernel#4) and having more distro-specific features
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:46
Oh woohoo
sleep works
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:46
you mean S3IX?
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:46
Yea. I derped there.
I didn't know how well Sleep would behave with the process library
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:46
what does sleep() do at the moment in detail?
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:47
function sleep( _nTime )
  local timer = os.startTimer( _nTime )

  repeat
    local sEvent, param = os.pullEvent( "timer" )
  until param == timer
end
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:48
how is that going to work when os gets removed?
once we have our event router up
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:49
Our event router ATM is just myProcess:update(data)
It is impossible to remove OS without having serious consequences
queueEvent is native
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:50
yeah but it should only be visible to the lowest part of the kernel, as far as the original design was concerned
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:50
then that'll be implemented in the lower half and exposed to userspace
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:51
well technically userspace shouldn't have access to events like that directly
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:52
Well, at the moment, TARDIX is more like a library to aid OS developers
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:52
I wish I had the time to work on this kernel
as an engineering student I have like no time to work on anything
good enough
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:53
if you take a look at the chameleon source tree,
devpfs and procfs are implemented in userspace
The way the kernel and the Chameleon userspace communicate is through events
for example number exec(file: string, ...) fires a process_spawn event
The userspace procd listens to those events and writes a proc node
process list
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:56
what
is that a 128 bit GUID?
oh nvm
its 64
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:57
nah, that's a tardix unique id
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:57
right
neat
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:57
It's valid hex here (except for the colons and periods) by pure chance
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 00:57
lol
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 00:58
Unless
No, actually, it's valid hex.. everywhere. @RainbowDashDC your strings are not random!
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:01
I think @RainbowDashDC is idle
Yeah I remember talking to @RainbowDashDC about S3IX
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 01:01
He's finishing his chores (lol shores)
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:02
chores?
what are chores?
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 01:02
Housework?
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:02
oh I just call that work around the house
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 01:03
Also, that TUID is a number so big Lua can't handle it
https://sc-cdn.scaleengine.net/i/4f635688d4db2a7eeae92f8fc2972f36.png
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:03
lol
maybe maybe it 48 bit?
or something it can
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 01:04
nahh
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:06

Should be a simple enough interface..:

local tron = require("tron")
tron.load_chunk("[ : dup * : ] square define 4 square")
tron.run()

er
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 01:06
While lua can't properly display it's value as a decimal
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:07
tron.run(5)
that would run 5 ops
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 01:07
it can still do comparations
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:09
you can indefinately run with run(0)
but
it's better to run say 10 at a time
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 01:12
but anyway you should be comparing TUIDs as strings
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 01:13
I finished my chores.
But now I have dishes.
Fun!
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 01:13
Damnit!
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:15
@DemHydraz My game engine saves GUIDs as strings for entity IDs
because it's just so much faster to do that than store GUID objects
and I could use numbers, but then it isnt readable and every time I compare it..
well not compare but every time I print it*&
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 01:16
well technically
tardix IDs are useless
Unless you make inode-table-table-tables
A table (partition map) of tables (file systems) of tables (directories)
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:17
O M G
I think I just found a super easy solution to complex problems with TP
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 01:18
but at the moment the only way to make TARDIX IDs is to get a random one
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:18
I am going to add pointersd.
pointers*
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 01:18
CRIES
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:19
?
what
STACK POINTERS doofus
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 01:19
Every sort of pointer sucks
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:19
the ability to move the stack itself back and forth..
that is truly not true :P
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 01:19
for me pointers go
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:20
Let me tell you something about forth likes
when you can't manipulate the stack freely, you have a bit of a problem. sometimes there's no easy way to tell how large a set of data is and there is no way to predetermine and add that to the stack as a length or something or who knows what
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 01:20
So, netd runs on one of my machines. But, then I copy that same exact folder to a different PC, and guess what; it doesn't.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 01:21
typedef __INTPTR__TYPE__ intptr;

int      b = 1;
intptr a = &b;

putd(*a);
/* 1 */
Those are the only true pointers
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:21
@RainbowDashDC you just experienced the first rule of portability
:)
it doesn't work on your friends box!
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 01:21
it doesn't work on his other CCPC
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 01:21
@bhodgins oh, I am familiar with it. Been dealing with it since I started using nodejs xD
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:22
be careful with typedefs
they can be dangerous
well not realy, but they can be annoying
they can be a mess with structs
@DemHydraz did you know that the subscript operator in C is commutative?
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 01:23
can you hop on the debug srv @DemHydraz and see if I fucked up anything?
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:23
roughly without optimization, foo[3] is actually *(foo + 3)
therefore
you can actually be like 3[foo]
^ same thing
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 01:23
I know
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:23
heh
its just a secret that most C programmers never notice :D
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 01:24
Doing osdev I have to do that
all
of
the
time
mainly to debug my KPT
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:24
I trolled my professor with a line such as foo++ [myarray]
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 01:24
kernel page table
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:24
or foo ++ [myarray]
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 01:24
yea. KPT.
if there's anything I hate are TLAs.
they SDA!
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:24
@DemHydraz NOW YOU FINALLY UNDERSTAND
why I hate X86
it's a superbloated system
eveyrthing about x86 is to hate
the GDT, TSS crap, the IDT...
gross.
what a mess you know.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 01:27
Yes.
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:27
you don't have that kind of shit with AVR
or 65xx
apparently ARM is nice.
also what kind of shitty processor needs to have hundreds of general purpose registers?
I'm perfectly happy with a couple.
So I guess the way this is going to work is that when you require / include the tron paul lib, it will return the tron paul lib, but also in another variable the default environment
its your responsibility to add it if you want, it comes with -, +, /, *, etc
you can just shove it in there
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 01:31
I've been looking into sh and ppc
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:31
but this way you can literally just build your own
sh?
powerpc is neat, it's a hybrid 32/64 bit arch
my cpu design textbook talks a lot about ppc in a chapter
and POWER
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 01:32
SuperH
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:32
I have heard of it..
never looked at it.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 01:32
I call it sh because the target is sh-elf
I sometimes call it shelf.
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:32
I see.
LOL
ever looked at SPARC?
SPARC is supposed to be a very nice arch
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 01:33
What does your OS run on?
Well, you see
It runs in x86, x86_64, powerpc, sparc, and shelf.
Shelf?
Yes, sh-elf.
Picture of MS Windows box on a shelf
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:34
it belongs in a fire
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 01:35
i know
Linux matheus-pc 3.19.3-3-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Apr 8 14:10:00 CEST 2015 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Well 'night
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:35
uname -a
FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-p6 FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-p6 #0: Tue Feb 24 19:00:21 UTC 2015 root@amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64
dude what
my os name is twice in a row
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:40
test
man this chat is driving me nuts
I can't see the messages I send at all
test 2
WOW.
@RainbowDashDC you have no idea how I just fixred my chat.
It was because my system time was off
an ntpdate pool.ntp.org and boom fixed.
gitter now works.
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:50
Bug report submitted.
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 01:53
They know about the bug
but don't care.
System time off isn't their issue :P
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 01:55
lol.
I am getting old and cranky
like I get cranky with @DemHydraz for rolling things out without myself taking a look first way back in the beginning. LOL
I just stopped caring about that
:D
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 02:22
Haha xD
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 04:49
Todo: (might be implemented by me by the time the night ends) a script to enable/disable daemons.
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 05:28
I swear I get a lot done at night.
libnet now uses the modem API.
and can send over different interfaces.
it also now sends to a direct IP, or if a gateway is set, to the gateway.
the gateway (using switchd) then passes it off to other clients.
this allows computers to talk to other computers over a "switch" machine
CLIENT                                      Client
    \---------------- Switch  -----------------/
                        ||
                      Client
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 05:41
Switches can manage a subnet.
(so basically I implemented packet switching: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f6/Packet_Switching.gif)
(or ideally that's how it will work in the end)
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 05:46
Also, I found this: https://github.com/Zvarpensg/MCIP
which makes me want to sob
because TCP/IP has been half made
Well, no it's not well done.
It's there sorta.
but it did help me understand TCP a lot better ;D
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 06:23
now we have better headers and error checking potential!
2015-04-21_23.23.16.png
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 06:51
@DemHydraz be sure to checkout TARDIX/Chameleon@f32a001
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 09:35
Woot!
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 11:59
Morning
@RainbowDashDC now we just need OSPF!
:D
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 13:25
Morning!
also, it would seem that rednet always has a different event than modem. so, when traffic is sent over channel 65535 (rednet) over modem it doesn't triger rednet_message. So, netd now has the modem_message event and should makeup for that.
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 13:31
We need to set up a meeting.
@RainbowDashDC I always favored the modem API. More control.
not much but enough
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 13:32
Well don't worry, libnet uses it xD and cross supports both
2015-04-22_06.33.44.png
Also, this is how multi-ips is handled (other interfaces)
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 13:35
But yeah, we need to set up a meeting to organize everyone's thoughts. Especially since Tardix is absolutely nothing like our original plan, which is fine at this point. Most of its unix like properties are gone among other things. But I think if we could all get together on teamspeak or something we can synchronize plans a bit.
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 13:36
Yea, I agree. However I'm pretty tight scheduled until the weekends (lots of school and etc)
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 13:36
That's fine. I'm an Electrical Engineering student
So I get quite tied up myself, heh.
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 13:42
Also, @DemHydraz, thanks for dropping this to the lua shell. I used to be semi-afraid and not good with it until now :P
and thanks @/all for the good work :D
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 13:43
just wait until you use the Tron Paul REPL
of course, with tardix you'll probably never need to do anything, itl just start and move on
running defaults
@RainbowDashDC I don't know how much @DemHydraz told you, but Tron Paul is a Forth-like (but much better) programming language I wrote a couple years ago, which will be used as a primary bios.lua replacement boot loader (and embeddable in the tardix kernel)
it's extremely powerful, and if you never hit tab or whatever, it will just automatically boot and you'll never even know it was there.
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 13:51
Awesome :P
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 13:58
It's powerful enough to allow you to make your own gui menu if you wanted... I hate those though.
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 14:00
GUIS = meh
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 14:04
Vai
I have an English class right now, so it's sorta OK for me to talk ATM
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 14:06
Anyone see a syntax error here?
  -- switch packet to gateway if set.
  if this.inf[side].gateway ~= "null" then
    header = header .. ",to" .. tostring(this.inf[side].gateway)
  else
    header = header .. ",to" .. tostring(ip)
  end
(this is defined)
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 14:07
Don't see one
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 14:09
Weird, rebooted it and it worked. xD
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 14:10
Looa.
:P
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 14:12

typing

libnet.inf.top.ip = "192.168.1.2"
libnet.inf.top.gateway = "192.168.1.1"

over and over again is so painful

Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 14:13
Heheh
The feels are known
```lua
Dock you, Android
@RainbowDashDC @bhodgins How about a weekly Tardix
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 14:16
Ugh school soon :(
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 14:16
a weekly Tardix meeting*
Woot school's over soon
Like 43 meating
Minutes!!!!
You know, Tardix really does have potential
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 14:50
We should transcript the meetings so it's very open governance.
Creator
@Creator
Apr 22 2015 14:55
Hey guys, I am new to the project. I searched cc forums, but did not find a thread fo it. Have I missed something? Moreover, after running the kernel, what should happen? What is the idea behind the kernel? If I had an OS, how do I make it work with it? Most importantly, there was something mentioned about protecting variables/table, how does it work?
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 14:58
@DemHydraz please work on block devices and the FS layer when possible, thanks!
@TheOnlyCreator making an OS is a bas decision right now, the idea behind it is to have a very real life OS to begin with, also to be very debug oriented currently and customizable. I.e the networking layer has a TCP/IP base implementation.
Chameleon is the development distro.
The kernel is not much on it's own, a very microkernel structure.
Don't try to run the kernel on it's own, haha.
git clone git@github.com:TARDIX/Chameleon --recursive <computer dir>
You'll need SSH Auth setup.
Creator
@Creator
Apr 22 2015 15:06
I created the first wiki page. As always I was focused on being serious.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 15:07
Thank you.
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 15:11

"The tardix kernel is a techonolgy created by some godlike programmers to make simple mortal peasants like YOU jealous. The other functions have a secondary importance.

You must download it and acknoledge how great it is!

You can thank me later for the time I wasted to write this, so you mortals could feel unimportant."

So serious, @TheOnlyCreator.
Creator
@Creator
Apr 22 2015 15:12
You are welcome.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 15:12
It's fun
Until we get a real wiki we'll keep that
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 15:14
Top Priority: That forum post, we've gotten to a pretty nice setup so far :P
But not until the meeting.
and at the meeting I vote that we take an open governance model.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 15:15
I'm sorry, I iz dumb and I dunno wat is dat
@RainbowDashDC plis explein?
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 15:16
Basically anyone can attend our meetings, people can be voted out of maintainership etc. There is no "owner" of the project, and all meetings are (usually) transcripted into a git repo or etc.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 15:17
Oh, yes.
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 15:17
Better example of it is iojs :P
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 15:17
Can the meetings be wednesday..
9:30 PM (21:30) UTC?
Eh... Yes, I suppose, but I can't do voice at those times.
(if we planned too)
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 15:19
We won't do voice. Text-based is better
maybe even in this room
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 15:20
TARDIX/Governance? :D
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 15:20
TARDIX/Government
Creator
@Creator
Apr 22 2015 15:20
Tardix/masters
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 15:20
Yes, government works. Gitter has archiving so that helps w/ transcritping.
but ideally I'll be transcribing them anyways onto a TARDIX/Government repo
Creator
@Creator
Apr 22 2015 15:22
What is to be done in the kernel. I could help with that.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 15:23
@RainbowDashDC, so.. This is a microkernel, really
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 15:25
Yep, it is.
@TheOnlyCreator I'd hold off a bit until the meeting later, today?
Creator
@Creator
Apr 22 2015 15:26
Sure :smile:
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 15:28
So making a viable distribuition is way more complex then it should be
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 15:29
@DemHydraz Yep.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 15:29
DAMNIT!
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 15:29
But since we have Chameleon it's easy.
Chameleon is easy to fork and modify :D
(converting the libs to kernel modules wouldn't be hard if it came down to it..)
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 15:29
Then the kernel is completely useless.
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 15:30
Not true.
It provides quite a bit.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 15:30
I mean, it does provide some helpers, such as thread and process, but those could just as easily be thrown into the userspace
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 15:30
could better to not.
Sides, it's the most lightweight useful kernel out there.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 15:31
The VFS is still going to be implemented in kernel
But FS modules will be daemons..
All is clear now.
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 15:32
This project is great.
Like, legitimately, great.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 15:32
So the structure of a Clarti API call goes like this:
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 15:32
It's been a long time since I've done end to end development for 3 days straight :P
then again implementing TCP/IP like networking has been a challenging experience.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 15:35

(1 ) A usermode program issues an API call.
(2 ) The lower-usermode API evaluates the call, and then
(3a) (evaluation returned false) Errors if out of permission. (GOTO 7)
(3b) (evaluation returned true ) Issues a system call.

(4 ) the issued system call evaluates what it should do, and,
(5a) Talks to userspace or
(5b) Carries it out by itself

(6) The API call evaluates the returned value and
(7) returns.

That way, the core (kernel) and userspace (mainly the daemons) interact
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 15:37
See, the kernel is useful :P
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 16:05
We now have switching (semi)
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 16:14
Cool
I need to make a tee
echo "Hello!" | sudo tee -a /etc/issue
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 16:18
Fuck, I forgot my laptop charger at home. UGH
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 16:18
Ruuuuuuun
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 16:20
I can't :(
I have to wait 'till 4th period then walk home, get it, then bus out w/o charge
UGH
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 16:30
I'm making a C-based Assembler for Luasm
@RainbowDashDC, so our design goal is to have most things outsourced to the distro?
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 18:11
@RainbowDashDC, we need to standardize stuff
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 20:02
@RainbowDashDC @bhodgins
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 20:03
When's the meeting at again?
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 20:03
3h57m from now, exactly
so 20:00 BRT
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 20:04
Oh wait, that won't work. I get home right as then
chores + etc
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 20:04
Then 22:00 BRT?
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 20:04
Won't work then
1-3 PST would have to be it.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 20:05
1-3 PST?
What's the GMT offset for that?
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 20:05
5:00-7:00 BRT
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 20:05
Oh, that's K.
Anytime from now to 22:30 I'm avaiable.
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 20:05
So, set for like 6BRT then?
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 20:05
Sure.
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 20:08
Time to work some more :P
also, I want to start the meeting with a pre-agenda.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 20:08
We could decide on it now
We have to cover these topics:
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 20:09
Yes, we can outline the agenda here, but no discussion 'till the set meeting time.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 20:10
-[] Where will the project go? Options:
-[] Microkernel-like (current)
-[] Monolithic kernel-like
  • [ ] is it like this?
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 20:11
[ ] Test
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 20:11
  • [ ] Inode table creation
Gitter doesn't like markdown checklists
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 20:11
  • [ ] :(
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 20:11
We can keep them in a gist, then
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 20:12
I'll write a bug report.
gitterHQ/gitter#670
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 20:14
So, the general direction of the kernel,
What else?
Next feature to be implemented, @RainbowDashDC?
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 20:16
Brb class meeting
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 20:16
44!
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 20:32
Back!
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 20:32
invited ben to the discussion
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 20:32
We has a competitor sorta: https://github.com/TsarN/uber-os
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 20:32
yea, that's more a monolithic mss
we'll be discussing (a)
the direction the kernel will take
(mono/micro/hybrid/mono+modular/nano)
(b) security
Should we implement secure-boot like kernel signing?
Maybe, before shutdown, kernel integrity checks
to ensure the system will indeed boot the next time
FUCK! no, wait, fsck.
(c) The virtual file system
(d) Priviledges
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 20:39
(e) (global) The Chameleon/Kernel code style
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 20:40
How many confirmed attenders today?
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 20:40
Just me, you, and Ben
So 4
me, you, ben, and my cat.
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 20:45
Sounds good
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 22:21
And a close! :D
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 22:21
That was longer than I intended
1h21 minutes
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 22:21
Same, I thought it would be just 15 minutes.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 22:21
Yep.
However, we did discuss everything.
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 22:23
Yep! Just only 2 things were tabled.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 22:23
hm?
Also: make a GH repo for it
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 22:25
Woops.
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 22:25
tabling means put off.
(till next meeting)
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 22:26
Yea, I just misread the dic(k)tionary.
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 22:26
NTS: make a style guide for the minutes.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 22:26
I think you can come up with that :P
That was very good, @RainbowDashDC.
I think this was a good idea.
:+1: :clap:
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 22:28
Open Governance is great :D
However,
be aware.
This makes doing almost anything "big" needing to go through the meeting.
i.e adding a collaborator.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 22:30
I do know that.
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 22:30
i.e authorizing someone to make releases :P
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 22:30
We're going for rolling, btw
on both the kernel and Chameleon
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 22:30
Gotcha
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 22:31
however we will have long-term support 'snapshots'
But you can put that on the next session too
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 22:32
Going onto the bus.
I'll add that.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 22:33
cya.
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 22:57
Back :P
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:01
Welcome back
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 23:04
Thanks!
Working on style for the meeting, then the next weeks
Anything you needed added?
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:07
I fixed something.
Some of the negative points were in the wrong session
(They were under Microkernel, I changed them to monolithic)
DAMNIT
My bashrc is so awesome
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:12
Hey
so @DemHydraz did you hear how I fixed gitter?
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:13
Yep
ntpdate, right?
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:13
wut. you had a meeting without me? :P
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:13
SorrehhhhhhH!
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:14
after suggesting we have a meeting this morning sometime in the next week or so
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:14
Meetings will be held weekly
every wednesday
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:14
yeah but now I have absolutely no idea whats going on
as you know how far I am behind the times
kinda hurts
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:15
Just do another ntpdate! :tongue:
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:15
...
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:16
I'm kind of pissed off
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:16
You werent around, ben was, ben was leaving,
The meetings are helt starting @ 21:00 utc
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:17
right but I had - oh whatever nevermind
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:17
We're keeping archives
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:17
yes but that's not the point
it doesn't matter anymore.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:18
@rainbowdashdc proposes the discussion is tabled untill @bhodgins is present.
Why doesnt it matter?
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:19
I had some real key important things to talk about once we decided we were going to have a session, before everyone started making plans
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:19
Oh. woops.
My bad. Mostly.
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:21
how are you hosting these meetings anyways?
and are they voice or what
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:22
It's another gitter room
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:22
I see.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:22
We can host saturday meetings too
So basically
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:23
This morning, I was hoping to plan a teamspeak meeting or something within the next two weeks, that's what I was getting at
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:24
I can't do voice
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:24
dude I've heard you man, nothing wrong with your voice :P
demhydraz @DemHydraz does not remember such event.
demhydraz @DemHydraz takes that as a compliment
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:24
during the early development of S3IX
demhydraz @DemHydraz just recently discovered /me in gitter and now
demhydraz @DemHydraz is abusing /me.
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:25
we had a short meeting on mumble or TS
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:25
But basically we're going for a microkernel.
The kernel itself will be rolling-release will LTS branches (snapshots)
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:26
by the way
I can't use gitter on my phone
:(
it apparently doesn't support jellybean
and the web interface is broken
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:27
:/
Said LTS snapshots will only be updated with critical security/performance patches. Those, when the LTS period is over, will be merged onto upstream
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:29
hmm
at 4 PM I was working on labs
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:29
at the same time a LTS release is made, a development branch will be started
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:29
2100 utc
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:29
those branches will be merged after 2 LTS releases (the long-term support is.. 1 month)
@RainbowDashDC, how to do atom via FTP?
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 23:31
same way via gnome?
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:32
Atom is slowww.
I'll just be a man and use Vim
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:32
use cat
cat > foobar.txt << "EOF"
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:32
I'll just use a needle.
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:32
real programmers use butterflies
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:33
DAMNIT
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:33
Mx butterfly
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:33
C-x M-x butterfly.
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:33
well
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:33
Damnit, Emacs.
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:33
the real Mx butterfly is just Mx butterfly lol
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:33
Wait does that exist?
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:33
yes.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:33
BAM
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:33
I am an emacs user
I should know
you know what also exists?
demhydraz @DemHydraz goes into the terminal and goes make me a sanwich
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:34
:help 42 in vim
:help 42
:)
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:34
I saw that.
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:34
lol
looks like @RainbowDashDC is here
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:34
I also patched make to have that easter egg :tongue:
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:35

does it also have super cow powers

so

since the meeting is sorta gone

Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:36
You were 1hr late
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:36
right
I didn't even know of a meeting
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 23:36
That is true.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:36
That was a design flaw.
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:36
I suggested one this morning, went to my classes to find out it was done without me
:P
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 23:36
@bhodgins does 21:00 UTC every wednesday work for you?
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:36
welp
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:37
if not we can try 21:00 UTC every saturday
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:37
that's.. 4:00 EST I think..
let's see
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 23:37
It's 2:00PM PST
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:38
Oh, cool
DAMNIT JARED
These 2 are for monolithic!
Crippling bug can crash whole system.
Debugging means recompiling, assembling and updated source list and etcetra.
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:38
yeah 21:00 UTC should work if it's 4:00 EST
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:39
That's PM, right?
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:39
yeah
I work until like 10
then have classes until like
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:39
It's actually, 6:00 PM (18:00) EST
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:39
1
what really
yes 6:00 is fine
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:40
awesome
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:40
you know whats funny
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:40
This meeting was planned to last 15 minutes or so
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:40
I was waiting for the bus from like 6
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:40
It lasted 1h21
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:40
I would jhave been there if gitter would have worked on my phone
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 23:42
Fixed.
What's wrong with Gitter?
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:42
Atom really doesn't work over FTP
I think I'll just download more internets
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 23:44
It's horrible :(
That's what I dealt with writing libnet over..
hence why i use a local server now xD
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:47
I can't open minecraft anymore, too
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 23:48
Whaaa?
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:48
Nope
$[matheus@matheus-pc] 0 $ java -jar ~/.usr/share/Minecraft.jar
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:48
@DemHydraz downloadmoreram.com
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 23:49
Wtf no stop gitter.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:49
and it just hangs
until I EOF it
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 23:49
Gitter just tried to upload an Icon of mine.
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:49
java -jar -Xmx15G -Xms14G
sadly enough I can do that without problems :D
but I have em set to 8 GB right now
so I can play Eve online battlefield 4 and starcraft II at the same time I play minecraft
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 23:50
I only have 4GB of RAM.
:(
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:50
I have 16
:)
which is only half capacity
I can hold 32
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:50
I have 32!
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:50
dude
@DemHydraz edit your init script in a ramdisk
and load the entire OS on disk to ramdisk
itl be better than solid state
if I had 256 GB of ram that's what I'd do
use a solid state disk
then on boot copy the entire disk to RAM
and on shutdown save it to disk
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:52
I USE SYSTEMD.
bhodgins @bhodgins SCREAMS
bhodgins @bhodgins runs away
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 23:52
I call a contemporary TC meeting for Saturday, April 25th 21:00 UTC to include @bhodgins on the tabled security discussions. Reasoning for asap: Security is a big factor that needs all the development time it can get.
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:53
@RainbowDashDC I am a Slackware user (As well as a BSD user) ... systemd os a virus.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:53
@RainbowDashDC @bhodgins do you guys have like 30 minutes?
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:53
I am just studying
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:54
we can discuss it right now
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 23:54
I suppose we could, however @awsumben13 might want to be involved.
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:54
yeah
and if we plan for the weekend
I can probably come up with some socuments
of interest
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 23:55
Yea, in fact I stand by the weekend.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:55
Atleast, we can bring up Brian to speed
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 23:55
Oh, crap, we never made a forum post :(
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:56
That I think @awsumben13 might want to be involved
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:56
who is this @awsumben13
Jared Allard
@jaredallard
Apr 22 2015 23:56
Of course :P
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:56
He's another dev
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:56
Do I know him?
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:56
No.
He contribuited the process lib tho
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:57
I see.
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:57
Oh, also
bhodgins
@bhodgins
Apr 22 2015 23:58
I sometimes wish I was still in high school
I'd have so much more time
it seems for the past long while all I have time for is to observe and provide software engineering advice lol
and right now its the final 3 weeks of college this year
Matheus Magalhães de Alcantara
@demhydraz
Apr 22 2015 23:59
I made kms() a function
(also forceKms())