These are chat archives for TypeStrong/atom-typescript

Jul 2015
Basarat Ali Syed
@basarat
Jul 28 2015 00:49

What am I doing wrong here

@kpgarrod TypeScript doesn't support .json as an extension on es6 module import. Stick with var/require for now. Alternatively you can declare module "./config.json", but I highly recommend against that

How can I change the block comment format from / ... / back to // like it was in old releases?

@isuda don't understand, can you elaborate further :rose:

kpgarrod
@kpgarrod
Jul 28 2015 06:42
@basarat Ah, thanks as usual and compliments on the progress with the plugin, it is looking very good!
Basarat Ali Syed
@basarat
Jul 28 2015 06:43
@kpgarrod cheers :rose:
Martin Andersen
@Martin-Andersen
Jul 28 2015 13:52
Hi I m new to Atom and atom-typescript. Right now I am using gulp for building , minifying, uglyfying and copying the typescript from src to dist. Can I disable the atom-typescript output or use it as part of the build process?
Martin Andersen
@Martin-Andersen
Jul 28 2015 13:57
HI @basarat your atom-typescript plug-in made me switch from VS Code to Atom, it's a winner mils ahead of VS2015 with R# and VS Code. congratulation
Martin Andersen
@Martin-Andersen
Jul 28 2015 15:34
@Zoltu Can you disable the *.js output from atom-typescript? or use atom-typescript as part of a gulp task?
Gypsey
@ransanjeev
Jul 28 2015 16:28
That's one thing that annoys me too. I have the js files with the same name as typescript, what the recommended way of using a typescript with an express project
Jonathan Park
@park9140
Jul 28 2015 16:56
@Martin-Andersen, @ransanjeev when I use this for my projects I change the outDir option in my tsconfig.json to ./dist this way the compiled code is separate from my work code.
On some projects where I have a gulp or grunt task doing the build, I just pipe the build to /dev/null so that it doesn’t bother me (not sure what the windows equivalent of /dev/null)
Ian Suda
@isuda
Jul 28 2015 18:07
@basarat: At some point in the last month when I use cmd-/ to toggle comments on a block of code, the typescript grammar uses /* */ style comments instead of commenting each line with // which it used to do. I prefer the // style and it is also the style that the javascript grammar uses.
Even toggling comments on a single line of code it uses /* */.
Martin Andersen
@Martin-Andersen
Jul 28 2015 18:54
Thanks are there a way to use System as the module loader?
Gypsey
@ransanjeev
Jul 28 2015 19:31
@park9140 can you point to a sample project ? and what if am using a mix of javascript and typescript ? how do you require the modules. I am not very fluent with typescript, Just started using this.
Basarat Ali Syed
@basarat
Jul 28 2015 19:35
@Martin-Andersen use compileOnSave. It's in the FAQ : https://github.com/TypeStrong/atom-typescript/blob/master/docs/faq.md 🌹
@ransanjeev Atom-typescript is in typescript and uses outDir 🌹
Jonathan Park
@park9140
Jul 28 2015 20:32
@Martin-Andersen, you should just be able to switch your module type to system
Martin Andersen
@Martin-Andersen
Jul 28 2015 20:53
@park9140 when I build with F6 I get unknown module type System
Jonathan Park
@park9140
Jul 28 2015 21:10
make sure you are running typescript 1.5.3
@Martin-Andersen, ^
Martin Andersen
@Martin-Andersen
Jul 28 2015 22:17
@park9140 How can I see what version of typescript atom-typescript is using?
Jonathan Park
@park9140
Jul 28 2015 23:18
It should be listed at the top of your tsconfig.json
Basarat Ali Syed
@basarat
Jul 28 2015 23:30
@Martin-Andersen it is case sensitive system
Basarat Ali Syed
@basarat
Jul 28 2015 23:39

How can I see what version of typescript atom-typescript is using?

If you have the latest atom-typescript then its the latest stuff from Microsoft/TypeScript https://github.com/TypeStrong/atom-typescript/blob/master/docs/faq.md#which-version-of-typescript-does-atom-typescript-use