These are chat archives for TypeStrong/atom-typescript

Sep 2015
Tomas Trescak
@tomitrescak
Sep 07 2015 02:17

Hello. In my old project Typescript is building files to a specific directory by preserving the file path. But, when I start a new project and I want to have the same behaviour, it is no longer the case. I have no idea, how can I make the same behaviour again :( For example: if file is in "client/myfile.ts" and my output is set to "dist", I want my file to appear in "dist/client/myfile.js". Do you have any idea please? This is my tsconfig.json:

{
"./src/client/src.ts"
]
}

Tomas Trescak
@tomitrescak
Sep 07 2015 02:38
Nevermind, typescript compiler starts to produce those directories as soon as you add more files in diverse directories. Strange behaviour, but it works ;)
Basarat Ali Syed
@basarat
Sep 07 2015 04:10
:rose:
Dandelion Mané
@decentralion
Sep 07 2015 22:46
Can I disable autocomplete, or have it only activate when i Press cmd+space? I like it in principle but in practice it has a lot of issues: tends to insert NaN in random spots when I just want to put a newline, always is cluttered with tons of extra stuff like eval, parseInt, parseFLoat, when I am looking at a module with only a few members, blocks my view of nearby code.
It also tries to do autocomplete inside of comments (again, inserting NaN if I want a newline in the comment)
Basarat Ali Syed
@basarat
Sep 07 2015 23:27

Can I disable autocomplete, or have it only activate when i Press cmd+space

@danmane can be controlled from autocomplete-plus package settings

blob
@danmane :rose:
Dandelion Mané
@decentralion
Sep 07 2015 23:29
Thanks! Would it be helpful for me to file issues on these autocomplete nuisances?
It feels almost like I must have it misconfigured somehow, since attaching all of the window properties to every single object doesn't make much sense
Basarat Ali Syed
@basarat
Sep 07 2015 23:34

since attaching all of the window properties to every single object

@danmane Unclear what that means?

foo.n should not autocomplete NaN. Does it ?
Dandelion Mané
@decentralion
Sep 07 2015 23:36
It does. Lemme grab a screenshot. one sce
blob
Micah Zoltu
@MicahZoltu
Sep 07 2015 23:40
If I remember correctly, most of the annoyances with the auto-completer are due to the underlying auto-complete library.
I don't remember what it is called, but it is the thing Atom uses most places for auto-complete.
It is not nearly as good as the Visual Studio auto-complete UX.
Basarat Ali Syed
@basarat
Sep 07 2015 23:41
blob
@danmane what other packages do you have ... that NaN is not ours
@danmane run apm ls
Other packages can use autocomplete + provide suggestions as well :)
Dandelion Mané
├── linter@1.5.0
└── merge-conflicts@1.3.5
maybe it's autocomplete polymer
Basarat Ali Syed
@basarat
Sep 07 2015 23:44
@danmane only one way to be sure ... start disabling :)
Dandelion Mané
@decentralion
Sep 07 2015 23:44
should disabling work immediately or do i need to reload somehow?
Basarat Ali Syed
@basarat
Sep 07 2015 23:45
probably reload ... but use the keyboard shortcut : ctrl+alt+r on windows
Dandelion Mané
@decentralion
Sep 07 2015 23:45
Yup. autocomplete-polymer was the culprit!
Thanks for the help :)
Btw, I greatly appreciate all of the software you've contributed for Typescript, as a frequent typescript dev it's aided me a lot over the past year. At this point seeing your name on a project gives me more confidence that I can depend on it, atom-typescript was a factor in my switching from sublime to atom
Basarat Ali Syed
@basarat
Sep 07 2015 23:47
thanks :rose: :)
Dandelion Mané
@decentralion
Sep 07 2015 23:52
@basarat if you are ever in the SF bay area id be happy to buy you a beer :) or a cappuccino, which is more to my taste. palo alto has some excellent coffee shops, although i hear the coffee in australia is quality as well
Basarat Ali Syed