Hmm. Too lazy to check a proper adjustment for that problem. A quick fix using the SameSize of the source stream wasn't working as expected. The thing is (as far as I checked the implementation), the voice removal expects a given framesize. With the replay gain code, I set BASS to use floating-point data for DSP. therefore the voice removal didn't get the data it was expecting (16 bit; framesize := 4). BASS_CONFIG_FLOATDSP converted it to 32bit, pass it to the DSPs, and convert it back. I'll likely go and revert that specific line (setting bass config). But the problem persists. It can be noticed by playing back a 8bit music file (although very rare anyone uses it...), the file has the same problem. A loud noise can be heared.