These are chat archives for abranson/rockpool

Aug 2016
Andrew Branson
@abranson
Aug 27 2016 16:15
Hmm there's an option in the new 'sim cards' setting applet to choose the preferred modem for sms, or always ask. i should check to see if we can pass the message to something before that.
i know a bit more about the problem with the devel branch - i think it's because gecko's been updated so mozembed is crashing. did you know there's a new nemo plugin for mozembed in mer!
Andrew Branson
@abranson
Aug 27 2016 16:47
actually maybe not. it still crashes if i disable the mozembed stuff
ruff
@rufferson
Aug 27 2016 18:12
With sim cards I've found SimSelector so I'll add modem name to the phone number with possibility to choose modem for each contact
But what about the crash? It's first time I hear about it
ruff
@rufferson
Aug 27 2016 18:17
The schema with modemName would also allow to use Send Text app not only for SMS but also for IM
Andrew Branson
@abranson
Aug 27 2016 18:54
I first saw the crash on my devel device, which at first was running 22.0.4. It could either be an incompatible upgraded package, or
sorry, 2.0.3, but is now on 2.0.4
ruff
@rufferson
Aug 27 2016 18:55
what is devel device? Can i pull devel release to my jolla? Or i need to have aquafish for that?
Andrew Branson
@abranson
Aug 27 2016 18:56
but it's got the rnd image, so it also might have some packages missing from the standard image that we're dependent on but haven't declared
needs dev ssu registration to get it though
ruff
@rufferson
Aug 27 2016 18:57
How does it crash? Starts up and then segfaults (like when two instances are running) or cannot start due to missing so?
Andrew Branson
@abranson
Aug 27 2016 18:57
i had put it to one side until another jolla guy asked me about it last week
starts, gets as far as partially init the mozembed, then dies
ruff
@rufferson
Aug 27 2016 18:58
did you try wiping the geko cache?
Andrew Branson
@abranson
Aug 27 2016 18:58
no, i will try that
ruff
@rufferson
Aug 27 2016 18:59
If geko release has changed it may just crash trying toread new structures from cache
and browser may do proper housekeeping on start
Andrew Branson
@abranson
Aug 27 2016 19:00
i built it without mozembed and it still crashed though
ruff
@rufferson
Aug 27 2016 19:02
uhm, ok, without geko it still crashes on start with no user interaction? I.e. just during initialisation?
honestly i have never tried it running with no geko except first time when I started mangling with it
so it may have some web of deps which needs proper isolation to start with no gecko
but this dev - ist it already higher Qt or still 5.2?
Andrew Branson
@abranson
Aug 27 2016 20:17
I'll do it again now so I can tell you exactly where. I think it works fine with 2.0.2 even without gecko
Andrew Branson
@abranson
Aug 27 2016 20:28
Dev is still 5.2. The 5.6 is a WIP, getting close but won't make 2.0.4
ruff
@rufferson
Aug 27 2016 20:36
Ok, other elements are standard Qt objects (DBus, NAM). Could it be servicecontrol collapsing on newer systemd?
Andrew Branson
@abranson
Aug 27 2016 20:46
Here's where it dies: [D] Pebble::fetchProperty:372 - property "UpgradingFirmware" QVariant(bool, false)
[F] QDBusArgumentPrivate::checkWrite:129 - QDBusArgument: write from a read-only object
greHome from GRE_HOME:/usr/bin
libxul.so is not found, in /usr/bin/libxul.so
Created LOG for EmbedLite
bash: line 1: 6231 Aborted (core dumped) DISPLAY=':0.0' QT_NO_JOURNALD_LOG='1' /usr/bin/rockpool
whereas on 2.0.2 it says: