These are chat archives for akkadotnet/akka.net

Mar 2015
jcwrequests
@jcwrequests
Mar 10 2015 01:05
@stefansedich @Aaronontheweb I just wrote a quick (blog post)[http://www.message-flow.com/2015/03/ioc-contrib-design-flaw.html] in regards to my proposal. At the very least @stefansedich it will provide you with something to start by. Starting tomorrow I will synch my fork of Akka with the head and start coding up what I proposed and give it a test run with what I currently have. @Aaronontheweb I would like to add some tests where would be a good point in the repo to do so? Talk to you guys soon. Signing off..
Aaron Stannard
@Aaronontheweb
Mar 10 2015 01:06
@jcwrequests wow, thanks for turning this around so quickly! I'll take a look at the proposal later this evening
best place to add a new repo for doing tests will be in the /contrib folder
we can create test project for DI there
FAKE should be able to automatically discover it in the test runner if you follow the naming convention we use for the other test assemblies - just making sure the project name ends with .Tests
Aaron Stannard
@Aaronontheweb
Mar 10 2015 06:54
@jcwrequests going through it now
Aaron Stannard
@Aaronontheweb
Mar 10 2015 07:02
@jcwrequests left you a comment on #706 - you did a really great job explaining the problem and the possible solutions.
I think what you've proposed is a good step towards a workable solution - I CCed the other folks like @rogeralsing and @HCanber who have a much stronger grasp on the internals than I do though.
Aaron Stannard
@Aaronontheweb
Mar 10 2015 07:37
I just finished going through all of your posts about the event store you're building on top of Cassandra and Akka.NET too @jcwrequests - really good stuff. Loved seeing you talk about the different ways of taking advantage of Cassandra's storage semantics for time-ordered events. It's probably the most powerful data modeling technique in Cassandra. Going to be great to see you put it to work with Akka.NET!
Bartosz Sypytkowski
@Horusiath
Mar 10 2015 07:48
question: what is IndirectActorProducer relation with actors? Is there a one producer per actor cell?
Roger Johansson
@rogeralsing
Mar 10 2015 08:03
Good question, Im not sure if it is supposed to be shared or unique per cell.
Roger Johansson
@rogeralsing
Mar 10 2015 10:32
@Horusiath as it is a part of props and props can be shared, that must apply to IndirectActorProducer also.. even if we didnt think of that when creating the implementation for it
Aaron Stannard
@Aaronontheweb
Mar 10 2015 20:38
Just updated our build agents to support Helios (.NET 3.5) and SandCastle API docs
might see a bunch of build spam from me trying to get SandCastle to work, so my apologies in advance :sheep:
jcwrequests
@jcwrequests
Mar 10 2015 23:19
@stefansedich Did you get a chance to read the discussion around akkadotnet/akka.net#706?