These are chat archives for akkadotnet/akka.net
Hey all, I'm seeing some different behavior in an Akka .NET demo app after upgrading packages. Wondering if some behavior changed that I missed. I'm not confident enough to say that it's an actual issue but I've ruled out everything except the package upgrades I think.
After upgrading from Akka 1.0.8 to 1.3.8, it appears that
Sender.Path is unexpectedly identified as
deadLetters for an actor that's just receiving text and writing it to the console. In the older version, the path is showing as expected.
I've got repo with a branch that you can pull side by side and compare the upgrades and demos. As far I can tell, the packages are the only things that were updated, and I updated each to the latest stable.
Update: yes of course I was missing something. :laughing: I was sending messages to actors from within a console app directly instead of another actor. So of course there's no reference to the sender. The difference is that in the old implementation, the Sender was defaulted to
akka://all-systems/ which didn't quite alert me to the issue.
So I approve of the current behavior! :thumbsup:
Hello I am getting this error from withing ReceiveAsync :
There is no active ActorContext, this is most likely due to use of async operations from within this actor.Complete