These are chat archives for angular/angular-2-ionic-2

Jun 2016
Juan Suarez
@jlsuarezs
Jun 17 2016 02:34
Anyone using Visual Studio for Mac with Ionic can tell me how to force the IDE to build the app before debug?
Jorge
@jorchg
Jun 17 2016 09:59
Hi guys!!
How could I declare an async component, so it doesn't render until I have all the data from the services needed by the component?
I have a problem with this
Valentyn Shybanov
@olostan
Jun 17 2016 10:47
@jorchg I had something similar (component was not rendered on iOS). I tried a lot of workarounds and the one that helped my was very dirty - after receiving data I've changed z-index property on native (DOM) element... I know that it is not correct, but it worked and I have to demo my project next day...
Jorge
@jorchg
Jun 17 2016 10:48
@olostan Thank you very much! I'm in a similar situation right now
But the problem is that my info from the service is not anywhere in the DOM :(
So even I cannot make any dirty workaround
Im suspecting that has something to do with the service in iOS, because it retrieves data from a Sqlite :/
Valentyn Shybanov
@olostan
Jun 17 2016 10:48
You don't need data... you need elementRef and time when you got adata
@jorchg to tell the truth... I did even more dirty workaround :) I did "setInterval" and changed z-index to some random numbers every 300 ms :)
Because I was also in situation when I was not sure when I get data + when I get updates (I was not controlling Observable)
Jorge
@jorchg
Jun 17 2016 10:51
hahahaha @olostan that was even dirtier!!
Thank you man, I will update here with news if I got this shit working
:D
Valentyn Shybanov
@olostan
Jun 17 2016 10:52

@jorchg when you have demo in couple of hours, any solution counts :) I added big "DIRTY HACK" comment in source code :)

Interesting that I was not able to reproduce on web browser...

tolgamalachi
@tolgamalachi
Jun 17 2016 16:39
hello guys,
ORIGINAL EXCEPTION: No provider for Modal! - do i have to declare/import the Modal anywhere else than in the parent Page?