Hello. At Alchemy Systems, we are looking for a message queuing/handling solution for our LAMPR-based applications. Appserver seems to fit our needs. Before we can introduce it into our stack, we need some additional information.
1) It sounds like Appserver does not run on PHP 7. I do see some references to PHP 7 in the code, but the threads here indicate that Appserver still required PHP 5.6. Is that correct?
2) We would like to find, if possible, some people to ask about the use of AppServer in high-volume production environments. Do any of you know of someone we can speak with?
3) Roughly how many users (companies) are using Appserver?
4) Is there a working example of using STOMP in an external application to post messages to the Appserver queues?
5) Is there a product roadmap?
6) When will the next release be?
I know this is a long list, but we do need to "sell" this idea to our architecture team before proceeding.
Thank you in advance for your help.
I'm happy to see that you're interested in appserver.io. I'll answer your questions as follows:
I think this is not what you want to hear, but I hope it gives you a brief impression of what you're dealing with ;)
@wagnert Indeed it works with PHP 7.4. But not for future versions of PHP because of the design as he said in his closing note issue: https://github.com/krakjoe/pthreads/issues/929#issue-410636734
However, he is the project owner of "parallel" and he said that this is the future replacement of pthreads. But personally for me it doesn't feel like a replacement, because many functions and features of the C pthreads API are missing here
I have a question about rewrite rule in http server.
I have a subdomain, I want to redirect any text shown as below to index.php so I can read that text using $_GET function, for example:
http://sub.domain.com/what_ever_text want it to redirect to: http://sub.domain.com/index.php?v=what_ever_text <virtualHost name="some_sub_domain"> <params> <param name="documentRoot" type="string">destination_folder</param> </params> <rewrites> <rewrite condition="(.*)" target="index.php/?v=$1" flag="L" /> </rewrites> </virtualHost>
I couldn't make it work. Is there anything wrong with the above?
It was long time since last appserver version, is the project still active?
Sorry, something went terribly wrong!
400 - Template "default.html.twig" is not defined.
For further details please review your logs/ folder, or enable displaying of errors in your system configuration.