These are chat archives for arenanet/api-cdi

Jan 2018
Quaggan BooOOoot
@QuagganBooOOoot
Jan 09 2018 06:00
New discussion in API Development:

Looking for some Add-ons/API/Mods that are current.
by miraude.2107 in API Development

So I'm familiar with the concept of add-ons/mods from playing WoW and ESO but for GW2, I can't seem to find anything that's been updated at all since 2015. I know with those two games, because of the constant updates that the add-ons need to be updated as well but don't know if the same logic applies to Guild Wars 2. Overall, mostly what I'm looking for is a World Event Timer that can be put somewhere on the UI so I can just take a glance of what's coming up and not have to use my phone or alt-tab to Dulfy's timer.
I'm also looking for something that is like Auctioneer or the Tamriel Trading Company addon as well but all the ones I'm finding with google searching are 2+ years since they've been updated.

Any help would be appreciated, especially pointing to a main hub site (like how ESO has esoui.com) that keeps versions of the addons updated would be great too.

Eearslya Sleiarion
@Eearslya
Jan 09 2018 16:19
huh, another kernel security update
Archomeda
@Archomeda
Jan 09 2018 17:09

i decided to update my character spreadsheet to get partial data from the api...

omfg the play time on my war is insane

Edgar Doiron
@Coffee4cr
Jan 09 2018 17:56
I have you beat on most time on a single character
image.png
smiley
@codemasher
Jan 09 2018 19:51
a look at the current twitter trends tells me that Slack is apparently more important than GitHub
Quaggan BooOOoot
@QuagganBooOOoot
Jan 09 2018 20:12
New discussion in API Development:

Empty when account raid
by jurtjee.8943 in API Development

Dear sir/madam,

When I use this https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/account/raids?access_token=[Key], It is empty.

How can i fix it?

Sincerely,
Jur

smiley
@codemasher
Jan 09 2018 20:14
"Dear sir/madam" :D
Archomeda
@Archomeda
Jan 09 2018 21:31
lol
he edited it
How can I delete this post
derRAV3N
@derRAV3N
Jan 09 2018 22:31
@Archomeda can you provide me a link to your spreadsheet? It looks really nice, I'd like to copy it for my account :smile:
Archomeda
@Archomeda
Jan 09 2018 22:37
i recently started working on it again; my old one was really outdated
no docs... so eh...
some stuff is automatically taken from the api, other stuff you need to maintain manually
if you know how to spreadsheet, you'll find your way around :smile:
derRAV3N
@derRAV3N
Jan 09 2018 22:43
Thanks. Yeah, I already made quite some crazy stuff with it (fractal daily preview and raid planer), so that shouldn't be much of a problem :)
Archomeda
@Archomeda
Jan 09 2018 22:45
most stuff is made with arrayformulas, which work nice for expanding tables and such, but some other stuff you need to manually copy if you have more than the amount of characters than you can fill in here
you need to type in your character names manually btw
darthmaim
@darthmaim
Jan 09 2018 22:46
ah, thats what was missing
Archomeda
@Archomeda
Jan 09 2018 22:46
i don't make a new character every day to justify an auto updater for that
darthmaim
@darthmaim
Jan 09 2018 22:46
yeah makes sense
Archomeda
@Archomeda
Jan 09 2018 22:47
api key needs to be put in the references tab, but i suppose you found that out already
darthmaim
@darthmaim
Jan 09 2018 22:47
yep
Archomeda
@Archomeda
Jan 09 2018 22:48
also, i think i got the remaining days until next birthday present correct? it's 365 days every year without taking leap years into account iirc
darthmaim
@darthmaim
Jan 09 2018 22:49
no idea how that actually works
Archomeda
@Archomeda
Jan 09 2018 22:50
oh well, easy to change if it's wrong
have fun with extending it, i tried to make the custom functions in such a way it's adaptable
no comments though lol
working with GAS made me realize how painful it is without ES6, again
oh, and a small note: with every new expansion, you need to update those elite specs defs
hardcoded with 4 columns right now (2 for names, 2 for the training ids)