These are chat archives for arenanet/api-cdi

Jan 2018
Quaggan BooOOoot
@QuagganBooOOoot
Jan 28 2018 10:46

Loggin in customization
by Lukasz.9170 in API Development

Hey guys. I've been wondering wheter it's possible to customize character select screen or not. Not everyone is happy about the new desert one. Me for instance, old GW1 player, preferred the first one the most. It earned my sympathy cuz was directly connected to the GW1. I think it would be great if everyone could choose between for example Cantha theme, or any other part of GW world, or between some racial themes. That would give us players more tools to cuztomize our accounts. What you guys think?

New discussion in API Development:
Quaggan BooOOoot
@QuagganBooOOoot
Jan 28 2018 13:43
New discussion in API Development:

How to get Character attributes
by Bikel.7654 in API Development

Hello,
i am trying to get all attributes from my characters. But i am puzzled how to get them. I am sure that it is possible because some site already list them using apikey.
Can someone give me a hint where to start? I already know how to get normal char info. I only need attributes like: power, healing, vitality and so on...
Thanks

Archomeda
@Archomeda
Jan 28 2018 14:38
imo lye needs at least one person to keep developing new endpoints and updating existing ones when they either break or are out of date, basically taking over his previous job
smaller updates to the api can be done by the other teams, since i imagine that doesn't require deep knowledge of the api
which coincidentally also takes away some pressure from one person
ChieftainAlex
@ChieftainAlex
Jan 28 2018 16:13
Honestly, I'd be cool with ArenaNet focussing on keeping the current endpoints working and ironing out the existing bugs. There aren't that many useful additional endpoints we're still missing.
David Reeß
@queicherius
Jan 28 2018 16:26
I personally would want /v2/vendors (very useful for a whole lot of things), /v2/mounts & /v2/account/mounts (most requested feature atm) and the rest would be polishing/bugfixing/missing data
Darqam
@Darqam
Jan 28 2018 16:48
mounts endpoints would be really cool, given the existence of v2 gliders, I'd assume they would operate in a similar fashion. Wasn't a vendors endpoint discussed a long time ago and decided it would be a real pain because things weren't standardized?
Archomeda
@Archomeda
Jan 28 2018 16:49
i still want /v2/containers or w/e it should be called, aka #388
ChieftainAlex
@ChieftainAlex
Jan 28 2018 21:20
I think it would be good to get a list together of what we want.
some good ideas there
David Reeß
@queicherius
Jan 28 2018 21:57
Don't we have everything on github already?
Archomeda
@Archomeda
Jan 28 2018 22:05
yeah should be
all feature suggestions and such are (should) be there
Archomeda