These are chat archives for arenanet/api-cdi

Feb 2018
fun feature, it now supports infinite scroll ^^
also first time react/redux, so tips welcome
windwarrior
@windwarrior
Feb 11 2018 21:38
windwarrior
@windwarrior
Feb 11 2018 21:59
(Side note: Anet_Ben posts the most to the sub, one dev likes to post to /r/reptiles a lot and is fetched quite often because of it)
Medyro
@Medyro
Feb 11 2018 21:59
I think it looks verry nice. Especially the Layout seems cleaner to me now (compared to the current Version).
Just a few things i noted from a Users Perspective maybe:
  1. Should anything happen, when i click on any of the "Hide" Buttons under "Settings", because if, i think that might not work as nothing happens. (Trying this on Firefox)
  2. The List under Settings mentioned above could benefit from Lexicographical ordering u.a. to make finding the Developer you want to try to hide to see if the above works or not simpler.
  3. I'd apreciate an Option under Settings to, per default, have any "Show Parent" expanded.
Would that be about what you wanted in terms of feedback or did you seek for something more React/Redux related?
windwarrior
@windwarrior
Feb 11 2018 22:02
The first is not yet implemented :)
“Show parent” calls the reddit api again, so that would mean quite a lot of calls (as in hundreds)
Yeah! I am a bit hesitant to deploy it over the old one, it is technically better but also goes a bit back in functionality, so hearing that you like it better makes me more confident :)!
Archomeda
@Archomeda
Feb 11 2018 22:06
if you can create something for that for the forums...
sadly, the forums api doesn't really support such a thing :(
(i don't like the new dev tracker at all)
windwarrior
@windwarrior
Feb 11 2018 22:08
The old one made me make this for Reddit a few years ago ^^
The (old) forum dev tracker was great
I plan on using local store as a cache, to reduce page load to … way less than the current 700kb
Medyro
@Medyro
Feb 11 2018 22:14

The first is not yet implemented :)

Oh, i see. Explains wy it doesn't do anything as of now.

Aw.. well.. guess i'll have to leave that in the wishfull thinking Category then.

I fail to see where it goes back in Functionallity. As far as i see it has everything that the Current one has asside from the "Comments" link missing, altough that seems to be only a Visual thing either way as the Title basically links to abaout the same i think.
If anything it adds funktionallity with the abillity to Filter for Devs.

Also maybe another thing for the Options Page; add something to unselect all Devs and only show then selected ones, instead of, as it seems now, to have to hide all in case you're looking for a certain one?
windwarrior
@windwarrior
Feb 11 2018 22:20
Yeah I have to work on the filtering, it’s just something I can do now due to the technology switch but haven’t figured out UI-wise
Medyro
@Medyro
Feb 11 2018 22:22
Well then i'm excited to see what you'll come up with once you figured it out :D
BoyC
@BoyC
Feb 11 2018 23:52
ty :)
tekkit wrote me that he's bothered by the marker editor window being in the middle of the screen... so he finally learned about the window edit mode. :D