These are chat archives for arenanet/api-cdi

23rd
Jul 2018
Jul 23 2018 12:08
we need something to automatically generate the wiki pages about the api... :|
on almost every page, the formatting is different, the use of words is different, etc
at least @ChieftainAlex added the nav box :tada:
way easier to navigate between endpoints
Silver Golden
@Silveress_Golden_gitlab
Jul 23 2018 13:34
Thank you for volunteering @Archomeda
Jul 23 2018 13:35
lol
Silver Golden
@Silveress_Golden_gitlab
Jul 23 2018 13:35
Thank you for volunteering @Archomeda
Gah
Didn't send the first time, or so I thouvht
Jul 23 2018 13:41
Personally I have more than my hands full on actually finishing a C# API wrapper
I'll probably regret doing it once I reach continents and maps
Jul 23 2018 13:48
only items so far :(
darthmaim
@darthmaim
Jul 23 2018 13:48
yeah :(
Jul 23 2018 13:52
My progress on my wrapper: I'm going top-to-bottom from https://api.guildwars2.com/v2
I've just finished backstory :unamused:
Quaggan BooOOoot
@QuagganBooOOoot
Jul 23 2018 15:28
New discussion in API Development:

The Precedent set by the April 12th 2018 Suspension Wave
by Vulcaruss.9567 in API Development

Hello everyone, I'm here to bring to light a certain portion of the April 12th Suspensions that I feel has gone untouched or just not realized.
This is both aimed at players and the developers so please read this with an open mind if you would.

First off please allow me to introduce myself. Some of you who frequent the forums will remember me from different topics mostly focusing around the Suspension wave itself, and the Deadeye change topic.

As of this account I am "Vulcaruss.9567" as you can tell but before the Suspension I went by "Samaruis Vulcan.7413" also known as "Ninye The Influent" of Tarnished Coast server. I have been a customer of NCsoft and Arena Net for over 11 years now since early 2007 and before this April I was an avid fan and supporter of Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, and Arena Net, and a proud owner of a Guild Wars 2 Collectors Edition and my Rytlock Figurine.... Even if his Sword is broken cause of my Cats decision to use him to test the effects of Gravity. I've long considered Arena Nets decisions on Guild Wars to be the way to do a Modern MMO the right way for the most part. As you can guess my account was suspended by the Suspension Wave, but I'm not here to talk about my particular problem. I've since given up on getting my account redeemed as Arena Net Support seems to be Ignoring my Tickets closing with out response.

::The Real Issue::

Now I'm unsure on how many of you noticed or not. But Arena Nets method in the way they preformed the Suspensions was not received well with many in the community but due to the nature of the ToS has been mostly tossed aside as the unavoidable fact of legality. Now I'm all for the process of removing cheaters, exploiters and the like from all Online Games. People like these ruin the good sport, fun aspects, and atmosphere of any game. And it should fall upon the developers of said game to take care in insuring that these mischievous actors are given their just reward.

Jul 23 2018 15:29
what the fuck mods
David Reeß
@queicherius
Jul 23 2018 15:29
:D :D
I love this bot
Jul 23 2018 15:30
The API subforum is not a trash dump for deleted threads...
Wait, that thread wasn't initially posted in the API section was it?
@darthmaim how fast does the bot check for new threads?
darthmaim
@darthmaim
Jul 23 2018 15:50
every minute or so?
Jul 23 2018 15:50
so... then mods :angry:
Jul 23 2018 15:52
well, thread is gone now
i really get the feeling there's one mod on the forums that somehow messes up the API section every time
Jul 23 2018 17:17
Hmm... 🤔
/v2/account/recipes requires scope unlocks
/v2/character/:id/recipes requires scope inventories
There was probably a reason why lye did that... but I can't find anything on it.
The latter one shouldn't be used anymore actually I think
David Reeß
@queicherius
Jul 23 2018 17:22
account recipes is the recipe unlocks, character recipes is discoveries
(i think?)
Jul 23 2018 17:22
Possibly?
darthmaim
@darthmaim
Jul 23 2018 17:22
something like that?
Jul 23 2018 17:22
All I know is that the character recipes endpoint existed before recipes became account wide
darthmaim
@darthmaim
Jul 23 2018 17:22
the character recipe endpoint is still used is all I know
not all recipes are in the account one
Jul 23 2018 17:23
After that the account recipes was added
Hm
However, that doesn't explain the difference in scopes
darthmaim
@darthmaim
Jul 23 2018 17:24
I'm guessing unlocks didn't exist back when the character recipe endpoint was made
Jul 23 2018 17:24
i can only find #293 about it
Jul 23 2018 17:43
The question now is... should we regard this as a bug?
Also another fun thing I just encountered: /v2/characters/:id/equipment requires either builds or inventories :D
darthmaim
@darthmaim
Jul 23 2018 17:45
yep
Jul 23 2018 17:45
{
  "text": "requires at least one scope from builds,inventories"
}
Werdes
@werdes
Jul 23 2018 21:07
@dsnider-anet i don't know what you did that day, but whatever it was it massively improved the refresh timings of the wvw api (kills/deaths mainly). Thank you :thumbsup:
darthmaim
@darthmaim
Jul 23 2018 21:16
yep, that fixed so many things, the tp bugs, gem exchange being stuck, probably items/skills/skins returning different data depending on language, apparently wvw kills/deaths, ...
Jul 23 2018 21:18