These are chat archives for astropy/astropy

Oct 2016
matrixbot
@matrixbot
Oct 06 2016 09:21
github on Freenode [astropy] astrofrog pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/astropy/astropy/compare/1c342b9c7754...6f607fd42beb
github on Freenode astropy/master 6af1142 Pey Lian Lim: Added ref tags to modeling main doc
github on Freenode astropy/master 6f607fd Thomas Robitaille: Merge pull request #5387 from pllim/modeling-index-doc-ref...
github on Freenode [astropy] astrofrog pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/astropy/astropy/compare/6f607fd42beb...5f06e5ee3cfe
github on Freenode astropy/master abc36c3 Erik Tollerud: update astropy-feedback email to feedback@astropy.org
github on Freenode astropy/master 5f06e5e Thomas Robitaille: Merge pull request #5380 from eteq/update-feedback...
github on Freenode [astropy] astrofrog closed pull request #5362: Fix FITS ASCII to float conversion for columns with E/F types (master...fix-ascii-float-conversion) astropy/astropy#5362
github on Freenode [astropy] astrofrog pushed 5 new commits to master: https://github.com/astropy/astropy/compare/5f06e5ee3cfe...1040533c7845
github on Freenode astropy/master 0fc487e Simon Conseil: Fix FITS ASCII to float conversion for columns with E/F types...
github on Freenode astropy/master 3d5eaf4 Simon Conseil: Always read float values from ASCII tables as float64
github on Freenode astropy/master 84ffe26 Simon Conseil: Add changelog
Thomas Robitaille
@astrofrog
Oct 06 2016 10:13
@bsipocz - I'm around now - are you too?
(btw I disabled the IRC bot)
Brigitta Sipocz
@bsipocz
Oct 06 2016 13:45
@astrofrog - Yes, I'm here, but most of my questions/concerns are not relevant any more in light of the discussion on the mailing list.
Thomas Robitaille
@astrofrog
Oct 06 2016 13:45
Ok no problem :)
Brigitta Sipocz
@bsipocz
Oct 06 2016 13:45
so a big :+1: for doing anything good for the changelog
matrixbot
@matrixbot
Oct 06 2016 14:06
Cadair Oh the gitter bridge into matrix is awesome, you all have your own avatars and everything. This makes me very happy.
Adam Ginsburg
@keflavich
Oct 06 2016 21:01
anyone know how to update a FITS header inplace without re-writing the data?
matrixbot
@matrixbot
Oct 06 2016 21:07
Cadair you talking about #5396 ??
Cadair I have fixed that problem before
Cadair because some moron once put unicode in FITS
Cadair it was not pretty though
Matt Craig
@mwcraig
Oct 06 2016 21:25
I'd be curious to know the fix... Long story short,I generated several hundred GB of data during a short window of time when astropy accidentally allowed writing newlnes into headers...
matrixbot
@matrixbot
Oct 06 2016 21:25
Cadair having gone hunting through my old code I think I just deleted the offending header cards before parsing the header