These are chat archives for azukiapp/azk

Oct 2015
Slobodan Mišković
@slobo
Oct 26 2015 00:33
yes, a little, i removed some http templates
but basically i'm using
http: { domains: [ "#{system.name}.#{manifest.dir}.#{azk.default_domain}" ] }
i removed domain entry that said "#{system.name}.#{manifest.dir}.staging.mysite.com" since i figured that #{azk.default_domain} should do that
Slobodan Mišković
@slobo
Oct 26 2015 00:45

(we also have a *.staging.mysite.com entry that points to public IP of the staging server, that allows us to access the staging sites from outside. reasion why I want to change the default #{azk.default_domain} is that i have

systems(
   //...
  "aws-s3": {
  //...
  export_envs: {
      S3_HOST: "#{net.host}",
    },
}

and i use $S3_HOST to construct URLs. On staging server, if I generate aws-s3.dev.azk.io, I can't test if system is working correctly.

I was hoping to be able to customize #{azk.default_domain} just on the staging server, so that we don't have to do anything special on developer machines
(since locally on developer machine *.dev.azk.io works fine, as no one is accessing dev sites from other machines)
Gullit Miranda
@gullitmiranda
Oct 26 2015 13:53

I understand, but could not identify the reason not to be working.

To deploy systems, instead it sets the AZK_BALANCER_HOST we just added a new entry pointing to the IP or domain that we will use to expose the application.

Or this machine is not being exposed through a DNS server? eg Route53, simpledns ....
Slobodan Mišković
@slobo
Oct 26 2015 16:15
I forgot important detail. Azk status shows aws-s3.Dev.azk.Io instead of aws-s3.staging.mysite.com
Outside access is not a probpem
Other than when we generate wrong urls
Gullit Miranda
@gullitmiranda
Oct 26 2015 16:30
this is weird. the variable AZK_BALANCER_HOST is being charged before running the agent?
Slobodan Mišković
@slobo
Oct 26 2015 16:33
Yes, I did agent stop, then export the var, then agent start. I'll try again to make sure
Slobodan Mišković
@slobo
Oct 26 2015 16:43
OK, figured it out.
It's not enough to set AZK_BALANCER_HOST just when starting the agent
it needs to stay in the env for subsequent invocations of azk
is this by design? (it doesn't represent big problem for me, just wondering)
Gullit Miranda
@gullitmiranda
Oct 26 2015 16:44
you were using:?
AZK_BALANCER_HOST=domain azk agent start
# or
export AZK_BALANCER_HOST=domain
azk agent start
Slobodan Mišković
@slobo
Oct 26 2015 16:46
second variation, but I have it in the shell script, so that once agent starts and script exits, AZK_BALANCER_HOST is no longer set in the shell
(usually it's jenkins that will be running azk after that, so I'll just make sure it has the same env set)
Also, is the ps output from above expected? (why does it still say azk-agent dev.azk.io)
Gullit Miranda
@gullitmiranda
Oct 26 2015 17:12
If the ambient variable is personalized, you should not return the dev.azk.io
Slobodan Mišković
@slobo
Oct 26 2015 17:19
yes, thanks, now I understand how it works, azk needs AZK_BALANCER_HOST to find the agent, but also uses it to set default_domain.
Gullit Miranda
@gullitmiranda
Oct 26 2015 17:24
yes :D
Danni Friedland
@BlueHotDog
Oct 26 2015 22:46
hey guys, how can i add support to ssl?
Gullit Miranda
@gullitmiranda
Oct 26 2015 23:04
hey @BlueHotDog
To add ssl support is necessary to finalize the issue you said:
Danni Friedland
@BlueHotDog
Oct 26 2015 23:05
any timeline for that?
Gullit Miranda
@gullitmiranda
Oct 26 2015 23:07
Unfortunately not yet. Although in theory it does not seem to be a hard issue.
Danni Friedland
@BlueHotDog
Oct 26 2015 23:15
i'll grab a look
Gullit Miranda
@gullitmiranda
Oct 26 2015 23:16
One contribution would be most welcome: D