These are chat archives for biojs/biojs

3rd
Apr 2018
Sarthak Sehgal
@sarthak-sehgal
Apr 03 2018 04:14

Hello @all,
I have been working on the integration of PropDoc with VueJS for the documentation as mentioned in my proposal. I have implemented the same and added a part of the documentation for the navigation bar which I made using VueJS.
You can view the documentation prototype here.
Please click here to view the code (GitHub repository).

P.S.: You can view the prototype for the BioJS website here..

The website is only supported for desktops/laptops. The idea is to reflect the core functionality of the actual website.
I will be glad to hear your feedback! :smiley:

Abhinavvisen
@abhinavvisen
Apr 03 2018 06:32
It's really nice @sarthak-sehgal.
Abhinavvisen
@abhinavvisen
Apr 03 2018 06:38
I was thinking of making the final website more responsive.
User might need to access the components from mobiles and other similar devices.
For the Proptype documentation we could also provide custom documentation allowing user to add more which we can further use as a metadata.
Sarthak Sehgal
@sarthak-sehgal
Apr 03 2018 07:40

@abhinavvisen, as I mentioned, the prototype is not responsive yet since it's meant to reflect the core functionality and not the overall design. I have included the actual designs in the proposal. :)
Could you elaborate more on the custom documentation part? I will be adding custom documentation myself in the website. I didn't get why users would add the documentation?

Thanks a lot for your feedback! :smiley:

Abhinavvisen
@abhinavvisen
Apr 03 2018 07:44
The contributors whose components will be used will be allowed to put on the documentation about the components.If any user uses the component and find something extra functionality with the component which was not mentioned could be edited in the documentation by the end user apart from the contributing organisation
Sarthak Sehgal
@sarthak-sehgal
Apr 03 2018 07:51
I'm not too sure whether that is feasible, provided the scope of the project, since a GitHub OAuth will be required for the contributor to login and a whole different dashboard and stuff would have to be made.
Also, the users shouldn't be allowed to edit the documentation due to obvious reasons (the user might write anything which could get published).
Have you discussed these ideas with the mentors?
Abhinavvisen
@abhinavvisen
Apr 03 2018 07:54
That is why not every end user will be given access to edit.The request will be directly sent to the organization .If the organisation approves then they will be allowed.
Yes I have discussed
It will be end part of the project if we get enough time.
Sarthak Sehgal