These are chat archives for biojs/biojs

Jun 2018
rowlandm
@rowlandm
Jun 07 2018 00:06
A Project Trial (PT) is a Nectar project with limited resources and time-span that is intended to let you try out the cloud before you commit to using it. A PT has the resources for running up to 2 instances using up to 2 VCPUs, and a time limit of 3 months.
Those new servers should be there for 3 months
I ahve 2 other Nectar servers that will be there for longer, but hoping to use them for the new website that @sarthak-sehgal and @Megh-Thakkar are building
Sarthak Sehgal
@sarthak-sehgal
Jun 07 2018 16:49
Hello @all, I'm really sorry for the delay, I couldn't give much time today to the website. I will be done with the component page for sure. I will also research upon the best possible solution for searching amongst the components (whether to query database or use Vue for the same) and initialise the process.
Yo Yehudi
@yochannah
Jun 07 2018 17:35
thanks for keeping us up to date
rowlandm
@rowlandm
Jun 07 2018 17:45
Hey @sarthak-sehgal - query the database and just get back the results you need
Sarthak Sehgal
@sarthak-sehgal
Jun 07 2018 17:48
@rowlandm querying the database again and again for each search input might take a lot of time. Vue might have a better solutions. I'm looking into the possibilities (like https://github.com/algolia/vue-instantsearch).
I'll discuss the possibilities with all and we'll go with what the community decides.
rowlandm
@rowlandm
Jun 07 2018 17:49
But vue would need to download the whole database to search on everything?
scalability becomes an issue with searching after a while - that's why the current site takes so long to show all the components
as it takes all the data fromt he workman and stores it in the client browser
via the html
Yo Yehudi
@yochannah
Jun 07 2018 17:52
I think that most of the time is the workmen response
image.png
click on the image to open or inspect biojs.io in the network tab - it's all?short=1 - the query response - that is the biggest problem
I don't think it's browser memory
Yo Yehudi
@yochannah
Jun 07 2018 18:08
happy to be disagreed with if needed
rowlandm
@rowlandm
Jun 07 2018 22:22
You are right
But search should be quite quick if we are getting the minimumresult back?