@mentors Since the wzrd verison inconsistency is there with a lot of components. Can we do something like this: Take the versions of all the components from the biojs.io website and store them in a db. The versions in the biojs.io website are outdated (eg: cytoscape's v3.2.6 was released 8 months back. The latest version is 3.2.15) but the visualizations seem to work well with it. Run a script in backend for each component and call Wzrd for a version greater than the one in database and less than or equal to the latest version, if a response other than 404 Not found, 502 Gateway timeout is received, update the version in the database and perform this for the next version else stop.
I think that this is the best we can do to ensure that maximum visualizations are up.
@Megh-Thakkar What do you think? Ironically, biojs.io has outdated data but it seems to work well with the visualizations so why not take it as the base data (only the versions) for the new website?
@sarthak-sehgal only issue with that is we can back track to certain versions only. For example, in case of cytoscape, we can only go to 3.2.0 and not before that as we do not know where 3.1.x ended. Though it is worth a try. I'm working on ansible right now, will get back to this as soon as that is over.
@Megh-Thakkar that's why we'll be using the base data as the current biojs.io data. For example, the version of Cytoscape in biojs.io is 3.2.6
Then, as our script runs, we check for versions like this: Run wzrd for 3.2.7: runs, update db Run wzrd for 3.2.8: runs, update db ... Run wzrd for 3.2.12: runs, update db Run wzrd for 3.2.13: doesn't work, stop process
@rowlandm, I'll work on the component page and the contact us page. Megh is currently working on Ansible. Have you checked the latest documentation page? I updated it last week and added the API responses, etc. so that the viewer gets better info about the whole workflow.
Rowland and I had a quick meet regarding the progress and how to go about the project. Here's what we discussed:
Visualizations came out to be a black hole. We need to draw a line and sought it out in an elegant way as engineers. The idea is to create an excel sheet having list of components having visualizations, a column depicting whether it is working on biojs.io, and a column depicting whether it is working on new website and URLs to both the website. To go about this, Megh and I will be creating a page on the website. Something like URL/visualizations/<n> which gives a list of <n> components having visualizations.
Link to the component in biojs.io has to be added in the components' page in the new website.
Link to gitter and a text has to be added in the Contact Us page.
Jumping back to Ansible, I have implemented and tested the plays for Gunjcorn, Nginx and Supervisor. They work great! The play for setting up the database is the only one left and I'm working on it right now. It will be done soon.