Where communities thrive


  • Join over 1.5M+ people
  • Join over 100K+ communities
  • Free without limits
  • Create your own community
People
Activity
    Yo Yehudi
    @yochannah
    ping
    Nikhil Vats
    @Nikhil-Vats
    Thanks for this :)
    Yo Yehudi
    @yochannah
    :D
    Nikhil Vats
    @Nikhil-Vats
    I planned to do the following things in Week 1 and 2 -
    1. Improving the existing generator.
    2. Removing bugs from the Yeoman generator.
    3. Adding unit tests and e2e tests for the existing generator.
    4. Improving the tutorial for using the Yeoman generator.
    5. Adding initial features for creating new components (question to ask whether the user wants to create a new component or old component and follow-ups)
    I already updated the tutorial once and I would like to start early by adding tests (unit and e2e) for the existing generator. There are already some tests that check linting. I will search and read about various alternative we can use for tests (Yeoman-test, Jest, Mocha) and complete writing tests in 3 days hopefully. :smile:
    Nikhil Vats
    @Nikhil-Vats
    That's my plan. Any suggestions are welcome. :smiley:
    Yo Yehudi
    @yochannah
    that sounds great!
    Nikhil Vats
    @Nikhil-Vats
    biojs/generator-biojs-webcomponents#10 - I sent a PR to change generator's name from "@biojs/generator-biojs-webcomponents" to "generator-biojs-webcomponents" since the criteria for a generator to appear in Yeoman's registry is that the name should begin with "generator-".
    Yo Yehudi
    @yochannah
    :+1: Merged!
    Sarthak Sehgal
    @sarthak-sehgal
    Hey Yo, I’ve asked Nikhil to write an introductory blog at biojs.github.io
    Can you review it once (and suggest other things which we can include if needed)?
    Nikhil Vats
    @Nikhil-Vats
    I have answered these questions and sent a PR.
    Yo Yehudi
    @yochannah
    that looks fabulous!
    Nikhil Vats
    @Nikhil-Vats
    Hey guys, I sent a PR biojs/generator-biojs-webcomponents#12 to update package.json because the dependencies were outdated.
    Sarthak Sehgal
    @sarthak-sehgal
    I think Yo has already merged the PR. Just a suggestion: try giving meaningful names to the branches too. It’s a good practice. For instance, if the branch is dedicated to updating dependencies, just give it a name update-dep or update-dependencies.
    Nikhil Vats
    @Nikhil-Vats
    Sure, I will keep this in mind.
    Nikhil Vats
    @Nikhil-Vats
    Hey guys I sent a PR to fix a bug - biojs/generator-biojs-webcomponents#13
    About the bug - The logic for converting a string to camel case was wrong due to a silly mistake of me, this fixes that.
    Nikhil Vats
    @Nikhil-Vats
    Screenshot 2019-05-27 at 3.55.20 PM.png
    This image contains two new tests I wrote. I think these are sufficient considering the features we have now. If I have forgotten some test cases, please let me know. These will pass after the previous on Travis CI after the previous PR fixing the bug will be merged. I have tested them locally, all of the tests passed.
    Nikhil Vats
    @Nikhil-Vats
    I sent another PR to fix a small typo - biojs/generator-biojs-webcomponents#14. I will sent the PR for unit tests after the PR fixing the camelCase bug will be merged.
    Sarthak Sehgal
    @sarthak-sehgal
    Hey @Nikhil-Vats, thanks for the PRs. I'll review them tonight. :)
    Nikhil Vats
    @Nikhil-Vats
    Cool, thanks.
    Nikhil Vats
    @Nikhil-Vats
    Hey all, I sent a new PR - biojs/generator-biojs-webcomponents#15. This adds two unit tests. :D
    That's all the important test cases, I could think of. Please let me know if there is anything that I left.
    Screenshot 2019-05-28 at 3.25.07 PM.png